Freedom for creative artists to express their ideas in whichever way they wish

trang_12934 2 / 5  
hi every body! I've just started ielts course so I have to try to improve my writing skill. I know it still has many mistakes, I really hope to receive your advices about my essay. Thanks so much^^

Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Arts are the mirror reflecting the real life and wishes of people, so they are indispensible to human's soul and life. There is a though that creative artists should be given the freedom to do great works. In my opinion, some procedures from the government are necessary to guide arts in which can support improvement of society.

In Western countries, artists have much more freedom than in Eastern. Many people perform on the street, show their abilities in drawing, singing, dancing, etc in whatever way they like. However, sometime they lose their control and do unsuitable things such as wearing sexy clothes, singing worthless songs, drawing pornographies, etc. It conflicts to their culture and moral rules. Therefore, government should have some restrictions to limit these cases, prevent traditional value and nation image.

Besides, works of art often have strong influence to human's mind, especially to children. Unhealthy content in books, films, songs, etc causes pessimistic attitude, even leads someone to crimes. Children see violence, sex films, books will be curious, and imitate something like that. It is so dangerous for youth if family, school and society do not finger out the solution to protect their child from poisonous arts and also help them to have more awareness about its negative effects.

However, true artists always try to honor the beauty, so they use their inspiration, imagination and talent to make wonderful works for humankind. They should be given as much freedom as possible.

In short, depends on different culture in each country, artists will have different rights and obligations. They still have enough freedom to follow their ambition except some fields which are not good for society. Government should take responsibilities for controlling this problem.
sharkondiet 3 / 22  
Dear Trang,
Here are some of my suggestions:

Arts are the mirror reflecting the real life and wishes of people, so they are indispensible to human's soul and life. There is a though that creative artists should be given the freedom to do great works. In my opinion, some procedures from the government are necessary to guide arts in which can support improvement of societyin the way that can help develop the society .

In Western countries, artists have much more freedom than in Eastern. Many people perform on the street, show their abilities in drawing, singing, dancing, etc in whatever way they like. However, sometimes they lose their control and do unsuitable things such as wearing sexy clothes, singing worthless songs, drawing pornographies, etc. It conflicts towith their culture and moral rules (moral standards) . Therefore, government should have some restrictions to limit these cases,as well as topreventpreserve traditional value and nation image.

Besides, works of art often have strong influence toon human's mind, especially to children's . Unhealthy content in books, films, songs, etc causes pessimistic attitude, even leads someone to crimes. Children see violence, sex films, bookswho are exposed to too much violence and sex in films and books will be curious, and imitate something like thatwhat they see . It is so dangerous for youth if family, school and society do not finger out the solution to protect their child from poisonous arts and also help them to have more awareness aboutof its negative effects.

However, true artists always try to honor the beauty, so they use their inspiration, imagination and talent to make (create) wonderful works for humankind. They should be given as much freedom as possible.

In short, depends on different culture in each country , artists will have different rights and obligations in different countries and cultures . They still have enough freedom to follow their ambition except some fields which are not good for society. Government should take responsibilities for controlling this problem.

One more suggestion: You should suggest some measures that the government can take to tackle the presented problems :).
Keep practicing and good luck!
OP trang_12934 2 / 5  
Thank you so much Sharkondiet! it's really useful. nice to meet you^^

Home / Writing Feedback / Freedom for creative artists to express their ideas in whichever way they wish