IELTS-TASK2 : Fast food should be imposed a higher tax by government to reduce health problems.

Nofrinorman 27 / 17 8  
In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food. Agree or disagree ?

An increasing number of people suffering from health problems occurs in some countries because consuming fast food frequently impacts on health problems. Tackling this problem should be government responsibility to impose a higher tax on this sort of meal. I believe that government is positively formed to prevent their citizens from unhealthy meal, but the imposing a higher tax does not surely decline a fast food consumer.

Firstly, the higher tax on fast food can affect its price so that people prefer to eat their food which is cooked by themselves. Secondly, most of the food restaurants will emphasize to serve all sorts of healthy food. This policy can restrict the available of unhealthy meal because most of them do not want to pay the high tax. Another advantage is the government will acquire much money from tax of fast food so that they can improve health services for people who are suffering from health problems.

The available of fast food are not fully provided the unhealthy meal to the consumer. Although there are some junk food restaurants, there are partially restaurants that dish up a healthy food. For example, sea food restaurants, their food contain much nutrition for healthy. It is unfair for some restaurants. Therefore, government should not impose the higher tax on all kinds of fast food because most of the people nowadyas do not have time to cook so that they often buy the fast food.

In conclusion, I would argue that step of increasing tax will not diminish the number of fast food consumer, nevertheless the government should restrict any selling of unhealthy fast food. However, people health depend on their decision-making for what kind of food should be consumed.
Diqon 10 / 33 12  
... suffering from health problems occurs in some countries ...
... responsibility to impose a higher tax on this sort of meal.

I believe that government is positively formed to prevent their citizens from unhealthy meal, but the imposing a higher tax does not surely decline a fast food consumer.

I too believe that the government role is extremely important to prevent unhealthy meal which can damage citizens' health.

the higher tax on fast food can affect its price so that people prefer to eat their food which is cooked by themselves ( in this sentence, make a reader confusing because reader cannot find the topic that you want to explain. I take the point such you want to say that if the food has high price, people do not consume fast foods, right? ... I think, in your opening sentence is not necessary to mention people prefer to cook by themselves. it is because you should explain why do healthy problem of junk foods damage people' lives? )..so your first paragraph does not have a sense :(

for your other paragraphs, I think there is not supporting details each sentence.

GOOD LUCK .

#Diqon

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS-TASK2 : Fast food should be imposed a higher tax by government to reduce health problems.