Extinction of some languages will make life easier through improving the efficiency and employment

kevin1983 5 / 8  
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.

Nowadays, many minority languages become extinct as the rapid development of society. Some people believe that it will benefit for the life and society with less language around the world. In my opinion, there are some advantages for the extinction of some minority languages.

As for the native speaker of minority of languages, it will be beneficial for them to speak the dominant language, for it will help them to gain access to more information about scientific and technological developments. Articles about these state-of-the-art technologies are mainly written by dominant languages such as English, French and German. People without the language skills will be very hard to acquire these information.

Besides, it will promote the efficiency if people all speak the same language, especially during the work, study and daily life. The barrier of language will be removed and people can exchange their ideas smoothly without any misunderstanding. It is very common that native English speaker can find the job easier than these people speak English as the second language in Australia and Europe, even the technical level of native speakers are much lower. Furthermore, as we know, communication plays an important role in modern company, speaking the dominant language will bring more educational and employment opportunities for them. For the communities and regions they live, it will help them to increase trade and economic ties with the outside world, and thus will boost the development of these areas.

However, there are some negative parts of the language dying out. The cultural diversity will be reduced, such as folk tales and folk remedies will disappear, and the missing languages will diminish their sense of identity.

In conclusion, the extinction of some languages will make life easier through improving the efficiency and employment. Government should provide some opprtunities for these native speakers of minority languages to learn the dominant languages, and the native language and culture have to be conserved and respected.
stephy7658 3 / 6 3  
1.Obiviously your paragraphs are unbalanced. You should expand the idea of what happen if languages are dying out.
Sometimes if i don't have the great reasons for the other side, I would write some 'what if' sentences. Try to think like 'What if there is only one language? ' i think it is an apagogical way to bring the essential consequences of the issue.

Here are my sentences.
Para 3
''Assuming that people all over the world would only speak one kind of language. This will only make the globe monotonous and the boundaries between countries would be vague. In contrast, various languages are the motivations that enrich people with enormous linguistic knowledge. Besides, disinctive anguages would be a impetus for tourist business which helps the growth of economy.

2. I think the structure of your second part is not that clear. You should follow 'Firstly, secondly..' so that the points are easy and obvious to find.

Hope it can be helpful to you.
Nowadays, many minority languages become extinct as the rapid development of society.

.... actually , it is not the rapid development, but rapid advancement of globalization :)
Some people believe that it will benefitfor the lifelives of people and society would be more benefited with less language around the world.

As for the native speaker of minority of languages, it will be beneficial for them to speak the dominant language, for it will help them to gain access to more information about scientific and technological developments.

Well, this does not answer your prompt effectively. You do not talk about the benefit of letting your language die. You can learn and be conversant in the major language of your country, yet still keep your minority language alive. What is the benefit you see by extinction of the minority language? That is the question your prompt is asking you.
OP kevin1983 5 / 8  
stephy7658:

You give me very good advice, I just begin to prepare IELTS test, hopefully will get more suggestions from you.

Thanks
JethroJosh - / 31 26  
IELTS is a proficiency test. In other words, a test for accuracy. Even native speakers can't achieve 8 in all sub-tests. I know personally many. If you try to focus on error-free sentences and simple English, you can improve your score. There are many ineffective methods out there, which are not based on the IELTS scoring pattern. IELTS use standard error of measurement like other proficiency tests. Find out where the majority of your mistakes lies and work on it. Do not write too many essays because it will not improve anyone's score. I have my own website, it will show how I helped a student from 6.5 to 8.5 and then 9.0 in academic writing ( certificate attached).

1, try to find where your mistakes and its pattern. If it is subject verb agreement or article, just get some lessons. If it is not effective, email me.

2, draft many essays and analyse it-- make sure your task response is right or reasonable. Most students lose score as they do not FULLY explain and they generalise a lot. Do not expect your examiner to read your mind. If it is not there, you would lose the score.

3, Learn accepted formats ( not all formats are accepted)
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
many minority languages become extinct as the rapid development of society

Some minority languages are dying out due to rapid population growth.

it will promote the efficiency of what...???

People without thelittle language skills will be very hard to acquireprocessthese information

Many problems caused by incorrect grammar, I recommend learning basic grammar.

Home / Writing Feedback / Extinction of some languages will make life easier through improving the efficiency and employment