To what extent does television a negative effect on society?

willy0123 2 / 6  
Television, as a part of technology, without doubt, brings problems as well as benefits to our society. Since 1980s, television has become common in home, business and even on the street. However, it has brought some unexpected problems.

The first problem caused by TV is a lack of individuality. This is because people want to copy TV star's fashions, hairstyles and even their way of speaking. It is, indeed, a very usual thing especially teenages. They tend to imitate their idol's apperances : wearing the same clothes and shoes, acting like them.

In addition to this problem, television has also caused problems in children's behavior and has influenced on their creativity. Some rough, violent and sexual scenes and expressions in a TV shows and drama have influenced children to behave like what they have seen and they have heard. Moreover, there was a research about children's creativity between two groups which one in saw TV, and the other read a book for the same matter. After doing that, the researchers had two groups describe the same stuffs, and they got higher score from the group who read a book. Because the group who saw TV had already fixed to the visual for the stuffs.

It is clear that TV has made our lives fun and variously, but this has done like that I mentioned and it could be used in bad ways. As with every new invention, there have been unforeseen consequences. It is totally up to us to find the solutions to the problems as well as to enjoy the fun and variety of this tool.
yuvly 4 / 11  
People tend to spend more time watching television than spending their time in useful activities such as spending quality time with their family or exercising.Also, it contribute to make one's life become sedentary.

The television can lead to a development disorder in children esp.in the part of the brain.

Advertisements on television influence people, for e.g. on fast foods, or the icon of fashion.
tityeu 2 / 4  
television also make bad effect to eyesight of children when they sit hours and watch television continuously
thoigiandeyeu 4 / 1  
without doubt = undoubtedly :))
variously various
the researchers hadrequired two groups to describe the same stuffs
OP willy0123 2 / 6  
thank you all you guys.
I would like you to point out if there is any grammatical error in this one
leggs - / 2  
The prevalence of television has had a significant negative impact on today's society in such a way our kids are open to violence, sex, and many other undesirables all in the name of entertainment.

All of which leaves me wondering what the world be like in a few years.

Every time I think of this topic, "the impact television has on society," a very familiar saying comes to mind - "children live what they learn" If we expose our youths to the illmannerd content that are now aired on TV what kind of society should we expect in the future. With more females in the work force today a large percentage of parenting lies with television. Often times the adult has to run to the corner store or to a neighbors house, and leaves the child to the comfort of the television (watching cartoons).

How entertaining, better yet, how educational is this? The content of many programs being aired would make you as adults skins crawl with disgust! What can a child learn from watching "Sameri X," this is a graphic cartoon with a swords expert chopping the heads off his enemies then standing there watching blood gush from his headless body, how about Courage to cowardly dog?, A stupid dog that has to protect his "Muriel" from being enslaved by demons, better yet, an episode of Hanna Montana, where it is cool to have boyfriends and if you don't you are left out!

Studies have shown that a vast majority of us learn better by visual stimuli. Researchers have countless time revealed that if we see or hear a particular thing over and over again it gradually become a part of who we are. studies shows that persons spent an average of eight hrs per day watching TV, six hrs sleeping and for those work the rest to the time is spent doing that. Why then it is now advised to play my-sic to your unborn child? Why then would there be so many programs in place that offers visual learning? because we live what we learn. Television has exposed our society to the ways of life of all nations, and with that has brought much negative effects. we say it is not the reality it is all just make believe. It is all in good fun to watch a person being hacked into pieces, raped, possessed by demons, but what are we actually learning here.

Television has become the guiding force of our society today. It is taking us on a downward spiral as it relates to morals, ethics, peace, and nations culture. We are becoming what we see on television. let us not be influenced by this deadly disease. let us not be like the kids at Columbine High. let us take charge and steer our society in our desired direction.
Melman000 1 / 1  
It is clear that TV has made our lives fun and variously, but this has done like that I mentioned and it could be used in bad ways.

This sentence didn't make sense.

I thought:

Clearly, TV has made our lives interesting, and variously more fun-filled, but like previously mentioned, there are obvious ways that it can be used negatively.

Just trying to help :]
Since the 1980s, television has ...

Check for "number agreement" here:
Some rough, violent and sexual scenes and expressions in a TV shows and drama have The word "a" is singular, but the word "shows" is plural. So do this:

Some rough, violent and sexual scenes and expressions in TV shows and drama have... ---I took away the word "a".

It is totally up to us to find the solutions to the problems as well as to enjoy the fun and variety of this tool.--- excellent, excellent sentence
leggs - / 2  
Thank you...

Home / Writing Feedback / To what extent does television a negative effect on society?