To what extent is your society effectively dealing with crime?

look416 3 / 9  
questions : to what extent is your society effectively dealing with crime?

at first, i had no idea to write or start on this topic, however, i had brainstormed for some thing, so could you help me verify it?

i do not know whether it is like asking for help, but if it does like asking for help, please help me to close the topic, thanks

introduction:
- Crime is getting worse in country.
-People are afraid to getting out from streets at nights.
- have no secure of their property
-authorities tried to reduce the crime rate
-is it effective enough?

Body:
-several acts and regulations are introduced and implemented,
such as, increasing the patrol times of police, increase the wage in order to draw more people to be police
-the punishment are strengthened, e.g : for snatching, punishments are a stroke or jail for few months or maybe both
-urge public to be more aware of their surroundings and have no hesitate to call the police if their see any suspicious event, for female, never go out to the street alone in the dark, as well as bringing along a pepper spray

-campaigns
having parents to educate their children and try to prevent them from making any juvenile delinquency

conclusion:
even though, country is trying her best to fight crimes, however, the effects are not obvious at the initial stage, more and more efforts needed to curb the crimes

thats all for my brainstorms, so any ideas or alterations?

Danny Teo
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Avoid making assumptions. Be specific. People always say that crime is getting worse. Is it really? What sorts of crime plague your community? What, exactly, have communities or authorities done about this crime? Have those efforts been effective or ineffective? What ought to be done additionally or differently?
OP look416 3 / 9  
EF_Simone
thanks, your advice do give me a brink of light, i think i maybe post up my essay regarding this topic in this 2 days...
First, you have to decide which country you are dealing with ("this country" is a bit vague when you are posting online. You could be in America, China, India, Canada, Australia, etc.) and which crimes you are dealing with. Then, you need to do some research to find out what the crime rates for those types of crimes in your country are actually doing. For instance, if you are in America, you might look at both violent crime rates and property crime rates. A quick check online

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

would show you that violent crime rates have dropped dramatically over the past thirty years, and are now at about half what they were in the 1970s. You would also notice that property crime rates have declined too, though not as rapidly. A quick check of youth crime would show that this too has been dropping steadily (I credit violent video games; the decline in youth crime starts almost exactly around the time that video games became popular, and seems to have been driven by the continual increases in violent content. :-]). In any event, this would make it difficult to conclude that "crime is getting worse." Given that this is the main premise of your current outline, you will have to completely rewrite everything that comes after.

Home / Writing Feedback / To what extent is your society effectively dealing with crime?