Ielts - 'equal ability to compete in the society (males/females students'

karenkk 1 / 1  
Topic: Universities should accept equal numbers of male and females students in every subject.
To what extend do you agree or disagree?

In nowadays society, gender has no longer been an obstacle for male and female to pursue their career or choose a course. However, In some traditional society, some people might still found that it was difficult to choose a career due to some field were dominated by women, while others were mainly occupied by men. Similarly, in order to select the right candidate, some university may be divided men and women in two different disciplines in accordance to their gender, not their ability and preference. In my opinion, university should let students to choose their course and should take equal numbers of male and females students in according to their preference.

One of the reasons is that students should have the same opportunities to choose what they want to study. It cannot be denied that in some occupation, such as nursing and shop assistants, has more female than male. This may be related to the role of women, which are traditional believed that they are more thoughtful that men, therefore, women are more suitable than men working in this discipline. However, as the society developed, more and more male are found to be working as a nurse in the hospital or a sales person in shop. In addition, it has been proved that there are same satisfaction level between men and women in these two disciplines. For that reason, university should not exclude males or females in some particular areas and should provide same opportunities for them so that they can develop their skills and acquire adequate knowledge to pursue their career.

However, it is understandable that some popular course may have to limit the number of students. As a result, some student may not be able to enroll to their favorite subjects. To solve this situation, I agree that it would be better to choose the candidate who is more likely to use the knowledge and skill acquired from the course to develop their career.

In conclusion, as discussed above, I believe that university should accept the same number of male and female students in different discipline so that they can have equal ability to compete in the society.
In nowadays society, gender has no longer been an obstacle for male and female to pursue their career or choose a courseof their choice.------- when you say pursue a career it automatically implies that they need to choose relevant courses for that.

However, Ii n some traditional societyies ,

However, In some traditional society, some people might still found that it was difficult to choose a career
were dominated by women, while others were mainly occupied by men. ----------------- good idea but presentation has issues - grammar, organization of ideas and the flow

some people might still foui nd ... or you should say some people might have found

due to some field

------------- this is wrong ... due to is always followed by reasons ... here it should be - in some field.
This is my suggestion for this sentence;
However, in some traditional societies, some people still find that it is difficult to choose certain careers that are subject to gender domination.
OP karenkk 1 / 1  
thank you so much for your advice.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts - 'equal ability to compete in the society (males/females students'