IELTS TASK 2: ELECTRONIC MEDIA IS A THREAT TO HUMAN PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

ichatea07 27 / 24 10  
The use of electronic media ha s a negative effect on personal relationships between people.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the developed technology era, new media-related inventions have helped people to do their regular communication, such as the emergence of portable computers or mobile phones. Nevertheless, I admit that electronic devices can bring a demerit on personal interaction among the users.

to begin, those who contradict with the negative impact of electronic stuff normally realise that more advantages can be obtained anyway by utilising it. Firstly, most advanced media that work electronically creates many opportunities for people to communicate across long distances. To illustrate, two best friends can still keep in touch although they are living in different continents at the same time. Next, the frequency of interaction can also incline due to the invention of portable gadgets. People are possible to carry mobile phones anywhere nowadays, so their communication would be more intensive with their relatives.

Conversely, I believe that a threat can incur to the interpersonal relationships because of those electricity-based media, such as smartphones and tablets. the reason of this is that electronic gadgets, that allow people to access the internet wherever they are, will make the users tend to capture attentions only to their virtual interactions within every gadget they are using. The illustration for this could be the lower intention of users to have a conversation with a person next to them. This can occur inside a family when all members become busy with the media, ignoring spending time together to have a chit-chat at home. It leads to the worsening action of direct communication. Therefore, it will endanger interpersonal relationships among people.

In conclusion, while some people agree that benefits are provided greatly by electronic media, others are certain of the drawback of those media in personal relationships like hindering people from open communication. In this case, today's generation then has to bend with any challenges that exist as the result of media of electronic usage despite all positive sides offered.
sir99 7 / 8 2  
toTo begin, those who contradict ...

theThe reason of this is that electronic gadgets, that allowenabling people to access the internet ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: ELECTRONIC MEDIA IS A THREAT TO HUMAN PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP