Eating at restaurant vs eating at home; Which is better?

krishnadeo 1 / 1  
Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Many people prefer to eat out at restaurants while others who rather eat at home. Of these two ways of eating, I prefer to eat at home because it is cheaper, faster and more nutritious.

At first, eating at home is cheaper because it reduces the cost by many ways like it cuts travelling cost to restaurants; I do not need to give tips, do not need to pay tax and service charge at my home. Also the cost of groceries is much cheaper than the cost of a restaurant entrée. For example: dinner usually costs $10 - 15 in a restaurant versus $1 - 3 at home.

Likewise, eating at home is faster as preparing dinner can take about 30 - 60 minutes. Generally it takes 10 minutes for cleaning & washing, 5 minutes for cutting the ingredients and 15 to 30 minutes for cooking them. While going to dinner takes time to drive, to park, to go in, to get seated and to order food. Travelling time exceeds usual when there is heavy traffic in route. Sometimes when the seats are not available I have to wait for about half an hour or more. So altogether this can take a lot more than 60 minutes.

More importantly, eating at home is more nutritious & healthier because I choose the best ingredients to cook with, but I don't know the kind of ingredients the restaurant uses. Most things are adulterated so I select them carefully from good store. I do not use rotten food, but I don't know if the restaurants do. These are not healthy. I always buy fresh vegetables and meat to cook and I do not use preservatives, but restaurants often do. I also do not put additional things in my cooking as restaurants do just to increase the taste. These have very serious adverse effects on our health. I cook ingredients at low temperature or at the temperature recommended for cooking to preserve the nutrients. For example I cook vegetables at low temperature and by covering the pot; I put salts at the end of cooking to preserve iodine which otherwise will evaporate if put in the beginning as it is a volatile substance. I don't think these points are considered in mind while cooking in restaurants. It is meaningless to eat food if it is neither nutritious nor healthier; I don't eat food merely to fill my stomach. So I like to eat nutritious and healthier food at home.

In short, being health conscious person, I prefer to eat at home because I can save money, eat quickly and eat well.
Anumeha 7 / 13 2  
Is this for a ACT/SAT writing piece? If so, it seems good- you might want to elaborate a bit more on the last sentence... seems kind of plain.

However, if this essay isn't for standardized tests, you might want to make it a little less structured in terms of using words like "at first" to begin the second paragraph... Try to use sentences that lead you on to following paragraphs instead of explicit words.

Hope that helps!
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
Many people prefer to eat out at restaurants while others who would rather like to eat at home.

Some people prefer to eat out at restaurants while others like eating at home.

Of these two ways of eating, I prefer to eat at home because it is cheaper,faster and more nutritious.

... faster? I think lots of people choose restaurants to eat because it is faster. If you eat at home you need to cook your meals or prepare them. That takes time. But at restaurants, it's a matter of ordering and the food comes on to your table.

At first, eating at home is cheaper because it reduces the cost by many ways like it cuts travelling cost to restaurants; I do not need to give tips, do not need to pay tax and service charge at my home.

Here more than every other detailed costs, the price you pay for a dish is about three times more than what you spend to prepare the same at home :D
OP krishnadeo 1 / 1  
"Those who have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness." - Edward Stanley. Healthy eating is not just maintaining healthy weight; it keeps our total state of well being. So eating is one of the most important aspects that we have to take care to keep us healthy. We have to options to take food: at food stands or restaurants and at home. Many people prefer to eat at food stand or restaurants while others prefer to cook and eat at home. People prefer to eat at restaurants because either they do not have time to prepare food or they do not know how to cook. At restaurants people may find varieties of foods but they may not be aware of unhealthy way of cooking and use of adulterated ingredients and preserved materials. People who prefer to cook and eat at home may have thinking that eating at home is healthier and time saving. On this disputing ground, it is important to bring this argument into discussion and to take a position on the basis of convincing facts. In my view it is good in many ways to cook and eat at home because cooking food at home is cheaper, faster and more nutritious.

Home / Writing Feedback / Eating at restaurant vs eating at home; Which is better?