Is it easier now to form friendships than ever before? ; Meaning of "friendship".

Zuma 1 / 1  
Essay
Prompt:
Think carefully about the issue presented in the following excerpt and the assignment below.

Thanks to the Internet, the word "friendship" now has a much broader meaning. No longer are the bonds of friendship limited to telephone conversations, shared activities, or speaking face-to-face. In this day and age, very close friendships can be formed without the people ever meeting and by simply typing words on a screen.

Adapted from Sharon Hendricks, "A Broader Definition of Friendship"

Assignment:
Is it easier now to form friendships than ever before? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.

Today it's surely easier to make friends than before. Now people have lots of sources which allow them to make new friends and chat with their friends without going out to restaurant or having cup of coffee. Before people didn't have Internet innovation, so they had a conception of friendship like telephone conversations, films, pizzas, speak face -to-face. I'm not saying that all those friendship traditions are gone, but now people prefer to choose easier way.

Nowadays, life is very hectic. People don't have much time to go and relax with their friends. And they choose easier way to keep in touch with their friends. Thanks to world-wide-web, there are lots of resources like Facebook, Twitter, and Skype through which people can talk and chat with each other.

Also now people make lots of new friends from all over the world. For instance, I made lots of new friends from all over the world. Those people were completely strangers to me, until we started writing to each other. Now we are really good friends. And it's really interesting for me to find out about new fascinating cultures, traditions, languages, and people.

To put up briefly, Internet is a superb invention, which gave a world a chance to meet new people from cultures other than our own. It doesn't matter how friendship is formed, if people can trust to each other.
amrosca 4 / 130  
Hi Zumrad! :)

This is one short essay! But that is not the problem. The subject allows you to debate on the meaning of friendship. It allows you to question the foetid nature of Facebook-buddies and all mediocre friendships around you.

Today it's surely easier to make friends than ever before.
NowP eople have lots of sources which allow themopportunities to make new friends and chat with their friendsthem without even going out to a restaurant or (having cup of coffee -meh...)a cozy cafe .

Before people didn't have Internet innovation In the past people didn't have the convenience of the Internet, so they had a conception of friendship like telephone conversations, films, pizzas, speak face -to-face(i get what you mean, but this sounds so wrong) . I'm not saying that all those friendship traditions are gone, but today people prefer to choose the easier way.

Nowadays, life is very hectic. People don't have much time to go and relax with their friends. And they choose easier wayprefer to keep in touch with their friends virtually . Thanks to the world-wide-web, there are lots of resourcesservices like Facebook, Twitter, and Skype through which people can talk and chat with each otherthat facilitate communication . [What are the downsides of social networks?]

Also nowIt's also common for people to make lots of new friends from all over the world. For instance, I made lots of new friends from all over the worldI myself am acquainted with some people from far away . Those people were completely strangers to me, until we started writingto write to each other. Now we are really good friends. And it's really interesting for meI think it's my curious nature that encourages me to find out about(/discover) new fascinating cultures, traditions, languages, and people.

To putsum up briefly, Internet is a superb invention, whichthat gave athe world a chance to meet new people from cultures other than ourtheir own. It doesn't matter how a friendship is formed, if people can trust to each otheras long as it is based on trust.

Please, please profit from the interesting subject and improve the essay! ;D
OP Zuma 1 / 1  
Hi, Ana!
Thank you for your corrections.
Great job, Zumrad! Ana, thanks for this work you did. Zumrad, maybe you can type the essay again and use the corrections Ana gave. Do you have questions about them? Try to use the corrections!

At the end, you have the wrong expression:
To put up briefly,
To put it briefly, the Internet is a superb invention which gave a world all of us a chance to meet new people from cultures other than our own. ---Now this is an excellent sentence.

It doesn't matter how friendship is formed if people can trust to each other.---I took out the comma.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Is it easier now to form friendships than ever before? ; Meaning of "friendship".