IELTS: The diagram about the evolution of the horse

Shokhusrav 10 / 27  
Please check this essay for mistakes. I appreciate your help!)
The diagram below show the development of the horse over a period of 40 million years
Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below

The diagram presents the evolution of the horse from Eohippus to modern kind, with particular significant changes in foot structure, in a 40-million-year period.

Initially, the first species of horse, which is called Eohippus, had a small body and a snout. It had tiny toes that were separate from each other. Eventually, about 10 million years after, an ancestor of the modern horse evolved into Mesohippus, which body enlarged while the tail and snout became longer. At this point, the middle toe of its leg also enlarged.

Once the first two evolution stages finished, it can be seen that equine transformed into Merychippus with muzzle like a modern species of horse, developed thigh and an emerged mane, at about 15 million years ago. At the same time, two basidigital bones reduced, whereas the middle toe became even large, resembling a hoof. Over time, Merychippus evolved into well-known modern horse with developed elbow, ankle joints, long tail and crest. Here, reduced metacarpals turned into fetlock and a present hoof emerged.

As a result, a horse went through different evolutional stages before transforming into contemporary type.

Hey there,
where is your diagram? Use the Attach file(s) feature in the message block to upload your diagram. It is important for us to see it to provide you with more meaningful comments :)
OP Shokhusrav 10 / 27  
I have attached_))
... Very good :)
The diagram presents the evolution of the horse from Eohippus to modern kindhorse , with particular significantreference to the changes in foot structure, in a 40-million-year period.

You write pretty well... If you follow the above approach you have great potential to score a good band :)
Once the first two evolution stages finishedwere completed, it can be seen that equineEquin e transformed into Merychippus with more muzzles and looking more like a modern species of horse, developed thigh and an emerged mane, at about 15 million years ago.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: The diagram about the evolution of the horse