Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS Task 2: Country Allocates Budget to Develop Public Facilities

fahmisadja 33 / 33 34  
Some people think that large, impressive buildings are important for a city. Others believe that the money should be spent on improving schools and hospitals. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Country allocates budget to develop public facilities of city for their citizen. Some people believe that government has to build spectacular structures, whereas others think that it is more significant to use them on reforming schools and hospitals. For two of views, I believe that the fantastic building can show identity of city and become a business place, then schools and hospitals will also help human beings to access great education and proper health.

People think that state has to invest its money on developing special buildings for several reasons. Firstly, they can show the identity or image of its city. As an example, Petronas Twin Tower in Malaysia has been become an icon of Kuala Lumpur even country of Malaysia. Some tourists travel to Malaysia to visit the building for taking photograph or just adore the view. Not only this, fabulous structures are also built to make a central of business, such as shopping center, entertainment area, and tourism place. They will lead investors and give profit to the country.

However, I believe that the budget will offer more positive impact if the government estimate to improve hospitals, so society can receive health services, like qualified doctors, the best drugs, comfortable patient treatment rooms, sophisticated hospital equipment, and affordable cost. Therefore, people will never feel worry when they have to cure their illnesses. Finally, individuals have a right to obtain education, so country should concern on this issue. Pleasurable school, professional teachers, complete library, advanced laboratory, and good textbooks can support people to achieve great education.

To conclude, although some people argue that spectacular buildings are very prominent as they can become the icon and make profit, I would argue there is sufficient evidence to prefer schools and hospitals. Moreover, government should act based on need and interest of society.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: Country Allocates Budget to Develop Public Facilities