Computers have made life becomes easier or difficult? Discuss

layaili 7 / 2  
Good evening, Please help me to assess my essay. thank you so much.

Topic in details;

Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made the life more complex and stressful.What is your opinion? use specific reasons and examples to support you own.

The computer is a revolutionary discovery in the twentieth century which has definitely changed the way people live. It improves lifestyles by making it more convenient and comfortable. Other people think the computer has made life more complicated and stressful, but in my opinion the computer has literally caused the changes of these two different life styles, depending on the person using it.

The young generation would consider computer to be a gift rather than a difficulty. The computer is a relatively new technology. Young people have been learning to use it from an early age. Therefore, they are familiar with the technology and prone to incorporate it into every aspect of life. Study can be conducted at home via Internet rather than traveling to school. Students can search for information online and obtain the results within few seconds. Work has become so much easier to manage by using computer for storing, processing and analysing. Furthermore, there will always be a backup file as a reserve option. Also, people no longer have to queue and fight for shopping at a shopping complex when their shopping can be done online. All hassles are avoided and much more time is left for personal pleasure with the optimized use of computer.

On the other hand, the older generation may suffer from the ubiquitous existence of the computer. This group of people is less familiar with it and find it unhelpful and time-wasting. They feel extremely stressed and helpless, particularly with regard to scenarios such as computer being hacked, infected with virus, jammed and so on. Furthermore, they may feel uncertain and insecure to do shopping or banking transaction online as the Internet is deemed as unsafe and facilitating the cheating business. All these scenarios incurred some negative impression on the usage of computer.

In summary, computer has become an indispensable technology and its achievement has overwhelmed people across the world. It is therefore important and inevitable that people must learn to use them optimally for the improvement of their lives.
kevin02720 - / 14  
I suggest that you add a sentence to the first paragraph to say what your opinion is: although computers can either help or hurt depending on how well you know how to use them, they improve people's lifestyles and create opportunities that make them worthwhile. Computers bring complexity, but it is well-worth it!

Home / Writing Feedback / Computers have made life becomes easier or difficult? Discuss