Complain about a bad product or service in writing or in person???

hungvud 19 / 30 6  
Please help...

When people need to complain about a product or poor service, some prefer to complain in writing and others prefer to complain in person.
Which way do you prefer?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, it is common for people to complain about bad products or services. Some people are in favor of complaining in writing, while others prefer face-to-face complaining. My opinion is that it is hard to say which method is better, because it very much depends on what situation complainer is in and that each method has its own pros and cons.

There are good reasons for someone to complain in writing. For example, by writing a letter to complain about a bad product or service, one does not need to waste valuable time on driving a long way from home to the product center, waiting for his turn and talking to the representatives. It also enables them to avoid unpleasant conversation. Moreover, this method is especially effective in the case that someone does not have a chance to have a face-to-face discussion. For instance, a man is on a business trip in a foreign country; his mobile phone cannot use roaming services; then writing a letter is an excellent way to complain and ask the Mobile operator in his country to enable that service for him.

There are, however, strong arguments in favor of complaining in person. First, this method allows people to have immediate feedbacks. If one has complains about a company's product, he/she will receive answer and explanations right away. He/she doesn't need to wait for the company's response which often takes several days or even a month by sending a company a letter. Secondly, by seeing each other's facial gesture, or body movements, it can tell more about a person. In the case that one cannot receive a creditable answer from one representative, he can always require to talk to another person.

In conclusion, my point of view is that both complaining in writing or in person has its own advantages and disadvantages. Choosing which method to complain is very much dependant on the situations in which one is and depends on how he/she wants to do it.
My opinion is that it is hard to say which method is better, because it very much depends on what situation complainer is in and that each method has its own pros and cons.

I prefer if you remove the part - '' hard to say which method is better'' .... it does not seem to add much value to your idea and also it disturbs its flow :(

It also enables themone(since you used 'he' in the earlier sentence, keep this singular) to avoid unpleasant conversation . confrontations.-------- confrontation is a better word to use here.

For instance, suppose that you area man is on a business trip in a foreign country and you find your mobile service provider has not activatedhismobile phone cannot useroaming service on your mobile.tT hen writing a letter is an excellent way to complain and ask therequest your service providerMobile operator in hisyour country to enable that service for him.activate the service immediately.

If one has complains

------- complain is the verb while complaint is the noun. So ;
If one has complaints

. If one has complains about a company's product, he/she will receive answer and explanations right away. He/she doesn't need to wait for the company's response which often takes several days or even a month by sending a company a letter.

Say this a bit differently keeping a close link to your reason;
This method helps when one expects a quick response from a company with regard his/ her complaint about a company product. In this scenario, writing a letter would not meet his/her expectation because the company may at least take several days for its response to the letter.

both complaining

--------- both ways of complaining

Choosing which method to complain is very much dependant on the situations in which one is and depends on how he/she wants to do it.

-------------- good ending :)

depends on how he/she wants to do it.

----------- how he/she wants to handle it.
OP hungvud 19 / 30 6  
Thank you guys so much :)
erastotene 1 / 1  
It is very important to complain about the product in person because to an extent it shows how dissatisfied you are with the product. Through this,the company is able to realise that they need to improve upon the quality of their product to attract more customers.

Home / Writing Feedback / Complain about a bad product or service in writing or in person???