Comparison Three universities BU, USC and UB.

minicover93 1 / -  
Currently, there are a vast number of universities in Australia. It is important for international students to compare universities because of their different expectations and conditions. The international students who want to study abroad and get involved in local community can make a right choice of the universities suitable for them. This research report examines three universities in Brisbane and Melbourne, namely Bond University (BU), the university of the Sunshine coast (USC) and university of Ballarat (UB). This report will compare their locations, the number of students and support services and recreation facilities.

There are several dissimilarities between each university in terms of their locations. One of the three universities, 115 kilometers far away from North East of Melbourne, UB, which is near town centre and recreation facilities, is based in Ballarat. Unlike UB, USC, which is near Semi-rural area, is on the Sunshine Coast and around 100 kilometers from the North of Brisbane. BU is the most convenient as it is in suburban residential area, which is on the Gold Coast, 80 kilometers - distance from the South of Brisbane. While BU is near recreation facilities, USC is near national parks. However, both of them are close to the beach.

Each university differs in respect to the number of students and support services. On the other hand, UB, with 47 percent, has a higher international student percentage than BU and USC; with constitute 41 and 9 percent respectively. Therefore, USC, one of the other two universities, is the lowest. According to the total of student numbers, UB is much larger than the other two universities; in particular, they are approximately 10,700 students while BU has the least amount of students, with a total of 6,650 students.

All three universities have good recreation facilities. They have over 20 sport and recreation clubs, a sport and aquatic centre. Especially, UB also has private gymnastics hall for students to workout. Whereas, BU has prevalent outside activities such as beach volleyball, both USC and UB organize an athletics track competition. In addition, in general, USC has more good facilities compare to the other two. For example, USC has four sport fields whereas both BU and UB have two and one respectively.

In conclusion, all three universities have distinct features. If the distance and number of overseas students are important, then BU is a good choice. However, because of its inconvenient location, UB is the least feasible option for many students. USC is perhaps the best choice as its peaceful area, essential recreation facilities and an excellent international student support program.
akbartaufiq25 7 / 81 54  
Hello, Hang. You have a well-constructed writing here. I almost unable to find any grammatical problems throughout your essay. One of the problems you have, in my opinion, is the use of articles. You may consider the following inputs:

"..which is near the town centre and recreation facilities,.."
"..the distance and the number.."
"..has more goodbetter facilities compared .."

The use of articles is probably challenging. Thus, I recommend you to find out more about the topic. You can also share the things you got with us here, at the EssayForum. I am looking forward to review more of your works. Best regards.
Wolf Larsen - / 127 47  
Hello

I think your text will sound better if you reformulate some sentences/phrases as suggested below:
Currently [...] As of today, the number of universities in Australia has reached its all-time high.
students to [...] be aware of what account for the educational standards in each of these universities, before deciding to enroll.
abroad [...] while leading a socially-integrated lifestyle, should make an inquiry into what specific university should prove the most suitable for them.
compare
[...] specify their locations and compare the number of students in each of the mentioned universities, as well as the affiliated support services and recreation facilities.

There are several [...] You should consider removing this sentence - it's redundant.
universities, [...] is...
which is near Semi-rural areaYou should remove this.
kilometers [...] away...
BU [...] appears to be the most convenient university to attend...
it is [...] located in the suburban residential area...
While [...] Whereas BU is situated close to some recreation facilities, USC is in the vicinity of the country's national parks.
both of them [...] happened to be within the walking distance to the beach.
higher [...] percentage of international students...
with constitute [...] which (?) constitute...
Therefore [...] This sentence is not very intelligible. I would've corrected it, but I simply don't quite get what you were going to say.

in particular, they [...] have about 10.700 students attending...
They have [...] There are...
Especially [...] In particular,
Whereas, BU [...] is primarily known for its fame of being associated with the outdoor activities of...
In addition , In general [...], USC appears to be better equipped with the sporting facilities than the other two.

I hope it came of help. Regards.
Hi Hang, WELCOME to the Essay Forum Family, we hope you find this website a credible source of information as well as a useful tool in creating an even stronger essay.

Now, going back to your essay, I must say that you cited very obvious aspects of the universities in question. You also manage to showcase the difference of each and every institution and this is very important. The contrast of information is very vital to the overall picture of your essay.

What I like most about your essay is that, you included not only the best attributes of the universities but also the differences of the service, the numbers, the specific administrative nature of each of the university as well as the students characteristics that is very prevalent to each institution.

Overall, it is a fairly written essay, the introduction part can be strengthen by changing and focusing on the main goal of the essay, otherwise, it flowed smoothly and the information is well manicured.

Home / Writing Feedback / Comparison Three universities BU, USC and UB.