TOEFL Essay: Compare different modes of transportation to travel.

ana_p 27 / 81  
Hi,

Request you to please check my compare and contrast essay.

You need to travel from your home to a place 40 miles (64 kilometers) away. Compare the different kinds of transportation you could use. Tell which method of travel you would choose. Give specific reasons for your choice.

Travelling is one of my favorite activity. If I have to go 40 miles away from my place then I would like to go by my car because I am leaving in suburb. There are no more direct options of public transportation from my place. There are public transportation in our state like trains and buses but frequency of buses is very less from our city.

To begin with, main reason of choosing a car is I like driving and 40 miles is not a long distance to drive for me. It will not take too much time to reach the destination. It hardly takes an hour if you go by 40 miles per hour from my place and if you go with the speed more than 40 miles per hour then you can reach in less than an hour. On the other hand, I think that public transportation is not convenient and comfortable for travelling from our place. If we want to go by public transportation then we have to travel to other cities and from there we have to catch bus or train to travel. It takes too much time. Instead of going to other cities I would choose to go by my car directly. This will save my time. In addition, car is a comfortable and convenient mode of traveling. I don't have to deal with rush. I also don't have any time binding. I can travel at any time. In public transportation I have to wait and consider their timetable. Many times trains and buses run late in such condition we cannot do anything but when we go by our car control is in our hand.

Finally, I think that car is the safest, convenient and comfortable mode of travelling from our place. Hence, I would like to go by car only.

Thanks,
Ana.
vickey 9 / 18  
Hi!

Nice essay, but I found some minor grammar mistakes, such as, subject and verb unpaired ; there are public transportation ~~~

Also, it could be nicer if you only use one subject. Sometimes you used 'we' and sometimes 'you'.

I am also using English as a second language, so I might not be helpful for you.

Good luck for your TOEFL !!

I am also doing that !
OP ana_p 27 / 81  
Hi,

Thanks Vickey. I 'll take care.

That's great that you are also preparing for TOEFL. We can help each other.

All the Best!!

Thanks,
Ana.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Essay: Compare different modes of transportation to travel.