IELTS 2 : Children development and the impact of society and the family

NickiNickiNicki 1 / -  
Hello !

This is my essay on the follwing topic; Some people think that the main factors influencing a child's development these days are things such as television, friends, and music. Others believe that the family still remains more important. Discuss both opinions and give your opinion.

The debate of nurture and nature in the developping process of children is a common topic. But people are even arguing what ouside influences are more significant. By comparing the impacts of society, with elements such as technology, art, music, family friends or peers and the actual family sphere this essay will acknowledge both sides and examine if one outweight the other.

Firstly, communication between a child and society begins very early and will go on for all his life. For exemple, many children have to attend early childhood settings due to the current and common fact that both of his parents are working. Those enviroment include children coming for a diverse variety of backgrounds and children are quickly influenced by different types of ethnicity, culture, music and lifestyles.

Comparatively, a child also share a deep sense of exchange with his family. Communication between a newborn and his family start at birth. Most initiations that an infant make with the world is throught his parents and close relatives. For exemple discovering foods, having someone responding to one's basic needs, playing, having a sense of belonging, being talked to, being huged and of course being loved. Albeit the immersion into the world is a vital milestone for a child, it is in my opinion those first crucial moments of communication with the family that have the deepest effects on a person's self identity and growth.

To conclude, even if the family might have abysmal impacts on child's development, society is also greatly important. Therefore, both of them should be healthy and offer to a child the ability to grow and find his place in the world.

Thank for reading and any comments!
Have a lovely day ☺
maryarifin 2 / 1  
Hi Nicki.

The debate of nurture and VERSUS nature in the developping DEVELOPMENT process of children is HAS BECOME a common topic.
But HOWEVER, people are even arguingeven argue what out side influences are more significant (It will be good if you directly compare with the other).

... outweight ...

For exemple example ...

Should be healthy (?) --> It's better when you say "should look after the children well"

huged hugged

many children...

Keep writing!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2 : Children development and the impact of society and the family