If child wants to do well in school, parents should limit the hours wasted on TV?

hola bi 2 / 3  
There is much conjecture over whether watching television has a negative influence on a young child's performance at schools. And now, lots of parents choose to limit the amount of time that their children watch TV. However, I insist that limiting the hours that a child spends on TV is not directly related to doing well at school.

First of all, spending less time watching TV does not means that children would do well at school. The real reason that some students may struggle and perform poorly at school is that they do not make the effort to learn and never concentrate on their study. In other words, were televisions not existent, surely these people would have put their attention and energy on other things. For example, after forbidding watching TV more than 1 hour a day, my neighbor's son soon was addicted to watching movies and surfing the Internet which similarly distract him from his study and actually consumed more time than watching televisions. To make children do well at school, parents should guide their children to pay more attention on study instead of just scratch the surface of the issue.

Since limiting the hours that a child spends on watching TV is only a superficial solution and may not be effective, I think that comprehensively improve the teaching quality would be a radical way to make students do well at school. If teachers put more heed to students' individual interest and taught in an interesting way, students would spend most of their time on their study instead of on the television. If there were more high-tech education infrastructure such as multi-media classroom, children would certainly concentrate on the class better and do well at school. If schools hold more outdoor activities, no student would like to stay at homey watching TV all day.

Moreover, television also can be beneficial to a young person. First, we have to admit that television has a role in our lives as a resource of entertainment, amusement and relaxation. Interesting and funny television programs can help children release their pressure of the study and regain their good spirits. Second, television is a good tool to educate children. Though most soap operas or violent crime television shows are detrimental to children's development, educational television has merit in educating them. For example, my younger brother spent lots of free time watching TV and acquire a great knowledge from it. Sport channels inspire him to admire sports and motivate him to keep exercising. And 'The Discovery' teaches him lots of useful scientific knowledge. Instead of simply limiting the amount of time that their children watch TV, parents should supervise their children, to urge them to watch good channels and benefit from TV.

All in all, limiting the hours that a child spends on TV is a one-sided and even superficial method to improve students' academic performance. In my opinion, if teachers could make the classes lively and interesting and parents correctly guide their children to watch educational programs, children will not only benefit from watching TV but also do well at school.
hvthoteen 16 / 44 4  
Although i am not sure how to write this type of topic, i think your way of organizing main ideas in 3 body paragraphs is good.

However, there are some mistakes that you should fix

Include your 3 main ideas in the first paragraph to guide the readers

"make the effort" --> make an effort

"which similarly distract him from his study and actually consumed more time" --> , which similarly distracts him from his study and actually consumes more time

"scratch the surface" --> scratching the surface

"Since limiting the hours that a child spends on watching TV is only a superficial solution and may not be effective, I think that comprehensively improve the teaching quality would be a radical way to make students do well at school" --> this sentence is too long and confusing. Moreover, the second clause is wrong in grammar

"schools hold more outdoor activities" --> schools held more outdoors activities

That is all

Home / Writing Feedback / If child wants to do well in school, parents should limit the hours wasted on TV?