Capital Punishment Essay Introduction

scowan99 1 / 1  
Would like to improve the standard of my intro. This is just a first draft.
When it comes to capital punishment there are many strong opinions on the matter. Fifty years have passed since the last use of capital punishment in the UK in 1964. Should this milestone be an appropriate time to overturn the rule, or should we keep on counting? The death penalty is still used in many other countries around the world, including China, India and North Korea. These are just some of 48 countries-that's a quarter of the world-that still use the system today. It is a controversial topic with, it seems almost endless arguments from opposing sides. Compared with the past supporters of capital punishment have decreased significantly. Will this pattern continue, or will we revert back to our old ways?

Let me know any mistakes or changes you want to make.
Also leave the most influential points for and against capital punishment.
Please be honest, the most I can do is disagree.
Thanks
gollu 3 / 3  
These are just some of 48 countries-that's a quarter of the world-that still use the system today.
However, today, a quarter of the world is still using the system.

there is no need to describe both 48 countries and quarter
OP scowan99 1 / 1  
Thanks gollu for your help will definitely adjust that
thanks
Well, this thread should have been opened in Writing Feedback forum (transfered from Essay term paper to Writing Feedback). Also, it is good if you told us the purpose of this writing. Then we can align our comments more with task related requirements.

When it comes to capital punishment there are many strong opinions on the matter.

This is very well written. Again, without knowing anything about your prompt or the purpose, it is difficult to provide further comment s :(

Home / Writing Feedback / Capital Punishment Essay Introduction