IELTS Task2: Essay - The best way to reduce the number of traffic accidents..

Suzy Naguib 2 / 2  
Please review and give feedback

The best way to reduce the number of traffic accidents is to raise age limit for the younger drivers and to lower age limit for the aged ones. Do you agree?

We must acknowledge that the number of car accidents has been currently growing. Some people hold the opinion that the government should raise the age limit for young drivers as well as lowering the age limit of the aged ones.

Nevertheless, we cannot consider age as the main reason of accidents, because there are many young and aged drivers who are very fit for driving. However, many other factors lead to road accidents. For instance, drivers who are drunk and also those who take drugs, regardless of their ages, do not concentrate while driving as their minds are totally distracted because of the alcohol and the drugs effect.

Bad health conditions, also, play an important role in accidents, in particular eyes diseases such as weak sight or color blindness. Drivers who suffer from such illness do not usually have a clear vision for the road or the signs, and therefore they are more likely to make accidents.

In order to reduce this huge number of accidents, some effective steps must be taken in consideration. For example, an awareness campaign should be held by the media, that the people should not drive if they are drunk of under the effect of drugs even if they have all the other privileges that allow them to drive, explaining the consequences of such cases. Moreover, an accurate medical check should be done at least once every year for those who have a valid driving license especially the aged ones, so that any eye or heart diseases can be easily be discovered.

In conclusion, I believe that if we succeed in applying all these effective procedures to ensure the maximum safety for both drivers and pedestrians, we will not need to change the age limit of the drivers; hence we will have more aware people.
homsai 11 / 24 5  
we cannot consider age as the only main reasons of accidents

--- should be better

However And many other factors lead to road accidents.

drivers who are drunk and also those who take drugs

drivers who are drinking or taking drugs,

and therefore
We must acknowledge that the number of car accidents has been currently growing.

.... Your topic is for traffic accidents ... better not narrow it down to cars only.
Also it's better to state your opinion in the introduction itself.

Bad health conditions also play an important role in accidents,

I remove commas

in particular eyes diseases such as weak sight or color blindness.

, especially the bad eyesight can cause many issues with safe driving.

In order to reduce this huge number of accidents, some effective steps must be taken in consideration.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task2: Essay - The best way to reduce the number of traffic accidents..