IELTS Writing Task 2: Best way to improve public health.

thakursajeeb 5 / 8  
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, day that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.Discuss both these views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

WHO has defined " Health as state of not merely absence of disease and infirmity, but also physical, mental and social well being."Generally, people do not pay attention towards their health and only realize its importance when they have to spend hefty amount to recover from illness.Physical fitness plays a crucial role in becoming healthier. I believe public health can be improved to some extent by increasing number of sports facilities.

As we all know that, "Prevention is better than cure." So many people think that public health can be improved by increasing the number of sports facilities.People visit different health clubs to do physical exercise which helps in burning extra calories not required for bodies.For instance , playing football,basketball, badminton, volleyball, swimming,cycling helps in burning extra calories not required for bodies and makes us active. These physical exercises plays vital role in becoming fit.There are several others factors which has to be incorporated along with physical exercise to be healthy.

From the previous definition of Health by WHO,being healthy means not only being physically fit but also mentally fit as well as social well-being.Besides that , there are various mode of contamination of disease such as food , water,surrounding environment.So, people should be conscious about their eating and drinking habits, surrounding environment for prevention of disease and infirmity.Today stress, anxiety, depression is becoming major health issue.These problems has to be consulted to psychiatrist for proper treatment, physical activities cannot treat these types of disease.

In a nutshell, physical fitness plays crucial role to be healthy to some extent.That's why it is good idea to increase number of sports facilities but at the same time it is necessary to upgrade and increase the existing health facilities for improving public health.

290 words
There is no doubt about your writing skills. You display excellent writing skills :) However, IELTS tasks have major bearing on time as well as the structure that helps you earn a good score.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 2: Best way to improve public health.