Behavior of people in the formal organization is influenced by structure, technology

atyourservice 1 / 2  
my teacher wants us to discuss about it(title above).
please do help me by reviewing what my response to that. any additional ideas or information will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance..

Discuss these influences as they interplay in the formal organization (workplace) that you presently belong to.

Various factors are influential in building one's character and behaviour when it comes to organization. The role of head, peers and environment (workplace) can't be neglected in this regard. As an Upland Development Project (UDP) Officer before at Community Environment and Natural Resources Office, East Coast of this city. And being a neophyte to the office I believe that it is important for me to familiarize with the organizational structure and that I know to whom I will work with, and of course to know what job that I am going to do being part of the organization.

Talking about Organizational Structure of this office I haven't seen any conflict with their work. Everybody is like performing the tasked or designated work for them effectively. And they have this good working relationship which I really like about them. I can say that they had overcome the problem on this thing about the organization. And so as to me it is an advantage because their being efficient in their work influenced my attitude towards my work.

And with the technology I can say that some are still not into computer. Those like aged 45 and above they prefer to type their reports or documents using the typewriter but I don't see it as a hindrance because they are still effective in what they do. In that case there's no way that a technology had lessen the productivity of the person because they have a clerk that can do more complex work on a computer. On the other hand, in the land survey we have the Geographical positioning system (GPS) this device is used in gathering data on the area being surveyed and of course digital camera for documentation. I can say that technological adaptation in the office is never an obstacle but a helpful tool for these employees to work better in their field of expertise.

On the management policies well being in a unit office of DENR this office always seek for an advice from the higher office such as Provincial Environment and Natural Resources office or the Regional office. In my experience this is the only thing that affects the performance of the office. The change in policies from the higher office affects the lower one. And that creates conflict since the lower office needs to change everything that has been done within their office. And so worker will have a little disappointment. At the time when I was working there we had faced the problems on vouchers and other official work as there was a change in the administrative structure from the regional office. And that we need to go through with the vouchers and encode them back. The problem was we weren't informed that vouchers from our office will not be sent to the regional office instead it should be addressed to Provincial office.

After that, the office works were running smoothly. Only then when there are some activities coming like seminars or convention but it wasn't a major threat to the organization.
OP atyourservice 1 / 2  
please do help review my work guys.. i badly need it till tomorrow Philippine time.. thanks
You're supposed to drive traffic to your thread by helping other people and asking them to return the favor. :-0

Talking about
I think you should write it this way:
With regard to the organizational structure of this office, I haven't seen any conflict with their work. ------But I don't think this is what organizational structure is. The structure is the way the people's positions and roles within the organization relate to one another. I think this sentence would be better if it mentioned organizational climate instead.

Everybody is like performing the tasked or designated work for them their work effectively. ----I simplified here.

People age 45 and above prefer to type their reports or documents using the typewriter, but I don't see it as a hindrance because they are still effective in what they do. -----Really? I don't know anyone who still uses a typewriter.

On the management policies well being in a unit office of DENR is that this office always seeks advice from the higher office such as Provincial Environment and Natural Resources office or the Regional office. ----I had to simplify this sentence, too. It was confusing!

And so worker workers will have a little disappointment.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Behavior of people in the formal organization is influenced by structure, technology