Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

To become a professional one do not need to be born with a special talent, skills can be taught too

Adhisti 20 / 19 2  
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Many people feel that certain talents are brought by children since their birth, as an example sport and music ability, but the other do not accept such a particular talent, whereas it is undoubted that children can be formed becoming an expert in music field or a skilled player in sports. Whilst these views are common throughout the public society nowadays, this essay will discuss both points of view.

Basically, all children can be taught with many lessons and skills. They are easy to imitate anything they see and hear. This is the key to form them what they will become. For example, parents accustom habit to play piano or football in their golden ages so they will be used to listen the music or to learn the technique of playing soccer w ell. As a result, children have the great skill to become a pianist or a best football player.

Subsequently, children who are born with special talents also have to learn and are trained to improve their talents because talents cannot develop without practicing. All people, including talented children, need a practice for a particular skill in depth. A study shows the ability that is never rehearsed will lose eventually. Therefore, they must increase their abilities to become professional musicians or high qualified players in certain sports, even though they get those talents in early ages.

In conclusion, although some people think children get talents since they are born, I would argue they also can be taught with many abilities to become professional in a particular field that they like. Besides, any child who have certain talents must develop their abilities continually. I strongly believe that practice is one of the way to improve a proficient skill.

Home / Writing Feedback / To become a professional one do not need to be born with a special talent, skills can be taught too