IELTS TASK 1: Australian family expenditures in 1991 and 2001

Anaguna 21 / 27 5  
The table below shows the monthly expenditure of an average Australian family in 1991 and 2001.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The table illustrates the rate of monthly family spending in Australia in years 1991 and 2001 and is measured in dollars. At the first glance, it is evidence that the main concern of budget are for non-essential goods and services and diets while the least expenditure is allocated for outfits and transportation.

In both of years 1991 and 2001, Australian family allocated too much cost in household goods and services at $250 and $270 respectively. It was followed by the second highest number at an average approximately $157.2 in the food purpose. However, at least, $30 and $20 costs were expanded into clothing as the fewest expanding. Following this, the family also gave the second lowest costs for transportation in those two years.

The remaining budgets of the family are for house and resources. 1991 experienced the number of cost at $95 in accommodation while people need $75 for the electricity and water. Over the 10-years period, the costs increased then achieved $120 for resources and $100 for houses.

Finally, the necessity costs of the family increased from 1991 to 2001 in four basic needs such as diets, resources, houses, and non-essential goods and services while others decreased.

• Monthly expenditures of Australian Family
dina79 20 / 26 3  
The table illustrates the rate of monthly ...

This is my suggestion in your introduction:

The presented of the table in mothly household for spending time in Australian At 1991 to 2001, by recognized in dollars. It is imperative that the primary cost such as non-essential goods and services and diets while the outfits and transportation is the small proportion
liv_ryu 13 / 22 6  
Hi Anaguna, here some corrections:

1. it will be repetition if you always mention dollars almost in every sentence. Actually, you have already written dollar in your introduction, it means you do not need to mention it again, just an option.

2. it is better you vary your words
eg :

from 1991 to 2001

my alternative : over a 12-month period or during a year or in a decade

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1: Australian family expenditures in 1991 and 2001