My Assignment: My New Year's Resolutions (200 words)

lvnnk 2 / 3  
I'm just a beginner and I'm bad at writing.
Please point my errors out to me! Thank you very much!

Assignment's prompts: My Resolution for the new year. (150-200 words)

Time flies so fast and Chinese's New Year is coming around the corner. And it's time for me to write down my new year's resolutions. This year I will...

First of all, I will have to study harder and harder to get better scores in my class. I didn't do well in my first midterm so studying harder to get better scores is my first priority in 2010.

Secondly, I will invest more time and money to improve my English skills especially speaking and writing skills to be able to earn a high mark on the TOEFL test.

Thirdly, I will read more books to widen my knowledge. This year I will read more about self-improvement, Computer and history books.

Besides, I will spend more time with my younger brother. My younger brother is no longer a little kid and he needs more help from his older brother. I'll spend more time talking with him, more time playing with him and more time teaching him how to solve problems in his life.

In conclusion, there are too many things which are not written here I want to achieve in this year. Overall, in 2010 I will open my heart, take more action to become a doer not just a dreamer.

By the way, I wish you and your family a year of happy , healthy and wealthy!
thamusipuma 2 / 2  
I can appreciate that you say you are a beginner but I think you should at least try to present your resolutions in an essay form.
OP lvnnk 2 / 3  
what's essay form? What do you mean?

Is it ok now?
My Essay

First of all, I will have to study harder and harder to get better scores in my class. I didn't do well in my first midterm so studying harder to get better scores is my first priority in 2010. Besides, I will invest more time and money to improve my English skills especially speaking and writing skills to be able to earn a high mark on the TOEFL test.

Secondly, I will read more books to widen my knowledge. This year I will read more about self-improvement, Computer and history books.

Lastly, I will spend more time with my younger brother. My younger brother is no longer a little kid and he needs more help from his older brother. I'll spend more time talking with him, more time playing with him and more time teaching him how to solve problems in his life.

Time flies so fast and Chinese's New Year is coming around the corner. And It's time for me to write down my new year's resolutions. This year I will accomplish the following goals.

Besides, I will invest more time and money to improve my English skills -- especially speaking and writing skills -- so that I can earn a high mark on the TOEFL test.

Secondly, I will read more books to widen my knowledge. This year I will read more about self-improvement, Computer and history books.-- excellent!

In conclusion, there are too many things which are not written here I want to achieve in this year -- too many to list here. Overall, in 2010 I will open my heart and take more action to become a doer rather than just a dreamer.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / My Assignment: My New Year's Resolutions (200 words)