IELTS: Arranged and love marriages. Discuss both views.

shaddy 17 / 47 7  
Present a written argument or case to an educated reader with no specialist knowledge of the following topic:
In some countries, marriages are arranged by the parents but in other cases, people choose their own marriage partner.
Discuss both systems.

Marriage is a first step towards the fulfilment of a human's biological purpose. In some countries people are more open towards love marriages whereas others are against the concept of love marriage and believe that in performing them with the permission and agreement of parents. In rest of the essay, I shall discuss advantages and disadvantages of both systems so that they could be understood well.

To begin with, one of the biggest advantages of love marriage is that it frees the parents from their responsibility of choosing life partner for their children. Furthermore, choosing life partners of own choice makes the children responsible. They accept the responsibilities, such as running household matters independently and feeding their own children, happily. On the other hand, arranged marriages involve parent's experiences. In fact they understand their children and its needs so while looking for life partner for their children they keep the nature, likes and dislikes of their children in mind. Parent's understandability and experience eventually can bring exquisite life partner for someone.

These both systems, however, can bring disadvantages too. Love marriage can be a hinder in the way of the happiness of a person if the decision was made emotionally. For example, if immature couple end-up in a marriage by seeing the joy of it, they may suffer for rest of the life. On the other hand, arrange marriages can curse the lives of two families. It is often seen that the arranged marriages that are performed against the will of bride or groom often end in divorce or sometimes worse than this; in suicide.

To summarize, marriage binds two persons in a relationship so the decision must be taken with sensibility. Both systems have their own benefits and drawbacks.
Xiaokai Jin 11 / 23 5  
To begin with, one of the biggest advantages of love marriage is that it freesexempt the parents from their responsibility of choosing life partner for their children.

Good sentence. But I just want to show you a more suitable word here.

believe that in performing them with the permission and agreement of parents.

I am sorry,but I think that most people including me are confused about what you are trying to say here. Please make your point clearer.

feedingrear/foster their own children,

Again, good sentence. Just show some new words.

In fact they understand their children and its needs

My version: In fact, they have a better idea of their own children and what they really needs in their marriage.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Arranged and love marriages. Discuss both views.