Arguments in favor of Animal Testing? Yes or No?

mingyu 1 / -  
Examine the arguments in favor of and against animal experiments, and come to a conclusion on this issue.
Everyday, thousands of people are saved by powerful medical drugs and treatments which are developed from experiments on animals. Most people regard animal testing as necessary requirements. However, despite the overwhelming benefits, some animal rights campaigners are calling for animal testing ban for the sake of alleged cruelty. The following paragraphs will depict both sides of the coin.

People who are concerned with animal welfare believe that subjecting animals to cruel researches is inhumane and needless. For one thing, some experiments are extremely painful, resulting in grave sequelae. Animals, who might share with us feelings, thoughts and behaviors, are maimed, scalded and blinded in the name of science. Besides, with the huge database of knowledge and modern computer models which can serve as alternative methods for animal testing, some experiments are dispensable now, especially those for non-essential commodities such cosmetics, shampoos and cleaning products.

Nevertheless, supporters of this idea insist that human, as the most intelligent creature in the world, should exercise their rights to dominate as survival of the fittest is the result of natural selection. And it would be much more cruel to test new drugs on people or children, or let people die due to the lack of information about medicine. But for animal experiments, the cure of polio and diabetics would not exist. Moreover, there are legislations in most counties which set laboratory standards and guidelines to ensure lab animals are treated with minimum suffering.

In conclusion, I agree that animal testing is still needed in today's world. But people should manage animals with care and balance the suffering against the good that comes from them.
zfanfore 2 / 5  
its good, but just make the conclusion better
marecrowley 3 / 23 2  
Thousands of people are saved every day by powerful medical drugs and treatments which are developed from experiments on animals. Most people regard animal testing as necessary requirements; however, despite the overwhelming benefits, some animal rights campaigners call for an animal testing ban for the sake of alleged cruelty.

People who are concerned with animal welfare believe that subjecting animals to cruel research is inhumane and unnecessary. Some experiments are extremely painful, resulting in grave sequelae. Animals, who might share commonly thought of human qualities like feelings, thoughts, and behaviors, are maimed, scalded and blinded in the name of science. With the huge database of knowledge and modern computer models which can serve as alternative methods for animal testing, some experiments are dispensable now, especially those for non-essential commodities such as cosmetics, shampoos and cleaning products.

Nevertheless, supporters of this idea insist that humans, arguably the most intelligent creatures in the world, should exercise their rights to dominate as survival of the fittest is the result of natural selection. And it would be much more cruel to test new drugs on people or children, or let people die due to the lack of information about medicine. Without animal experiments, the cure of polio and diabetics would not exist. Moreover, there are legislations in most counties which set laboratory standards and guidelines to ensure lab animals are treated with minimal suffering.

I agree that animal testing is still needed in today's world. But people should manage animals with care and balance the suffering against the good that comes from them.

I edited this down for you, but yes, you need to have a more conclusive conclusion. Put more of your own thoughts and beliefs into this, give a sense of you.
Hi,
Make sure you post this type of essays into Writing Feedback forum next time when you open a new thead (I transferred it from Undergraduate forum to Writing Feedback). It would help you too to earn more feedbacks :)

Everyday, thousands of people are saved by powerful medical drugs and treatments which arehave been developed from experiments on animals.

Most people regard animal testing as a necessary requirements.

The following paragraphs will depictdiscuss both sides of the coin.[/quote]
hanyoojung 3 / 16 2  
Maybe you should decide on what side to agree with in your conclusion. You sound undecided. The rest of the essay was enjoyable. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Arguments in favor of Animal Testing? Yes or No?