[Analysis of Issue] Humans are becoming subservient to machines

franklamparden 6 / 3  
"In this age of automation, many people complain that humans are becoming subservient to machines. But, in fact, machines are continually improving our lives."

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion expressed above. Support your point of view with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

Nowadays, machines display more and more important role not only in daily life but also in the manufacturing. I strongly agree that humans are becoming subservient to machines. But, in fact, machines are continually improving our lives. We can see machines in everywhere from our houses to assist housewives to in factories to help workers or engineers in manufacturing.

In the daily life, machines make our life more and more comfortable. With appearing of electrical goods, the housewives can do housework easily such as cooker, oven, microwave, washing machines and so on. It makes housewives save their time and helps them in heavily works. In the past the women used to spend the whole day for housework, but now with the assistance of machines, they have more time to care themselves and also to relax. Machines really change the women's life.

Admittedly, in the education, the role of machines can be denied. When the computer was invented, it contributed to improve the education and assist in teaching more effectively. Nowadays, electronic libraries gradually replace convention libraries in storing books and in searching books. Moreover, with computer connected internet, students can search books from many resources on the internet for studying, and with specialized software of computer, they can do experiment in many areas of sciences such as biology, physics, chemistry and so on. The roles of machines in the education is significant.

In the manufacture, machines exists in all parts of factories. Machines step by step replace workers in produce products on the assembly and workers only operate the machines. Machines prevent workers from danger workspaces such as in construction site, in mine and nuclear reaction pile and so on. With assistance of machines, people can create products with better quality and more plentiful. Machines make manufacturing more and more developed.

In sum, although humans are depending on machines, machines still keep an important role on improving our lives. By machines, people can develop in many areas of life from in daily life to in manufacturing.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
I am not sure if you need to mention where you get your examples in the essay, because the prompt says that you should use examples from the book, real life, etc. but I'm unclear as to whether you need to state that in your piece or not; something to think about.

You've got good structure and organization here; each paragraph is contained, and you move cleanly from one point to the next.
Good job.
OP franklamparden 6 / 3  
Thank u so much,

Do you think my essay lack of examples?
Do you think it makes my essay point down :(?
What can I do to improve it?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
No, I don't think you lack examples; in fact, I think quite the opposite. My concern is that your teacher asked you to use examples out of a book, observations, or your experiences, and I wasn't sure if you had to tell in your paper if each example was out of a book, a personal experience, or an observation. That's all. You have a great paper; don't worry so much :)

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / [Analysis of Issue] Humans are becoming subservient to machines