IELTS ESSAY: Air transport is increasingly used to export agricultural products.

christyzhongs 7 / 21 1  
Air transport is increasingly used to export agricultural products to countries where they are not grown or are out of season. Some people think this is a good thing while others think this is unjustified. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, we can easy to find American Grapes, Thailand rice, mango etc. which are not grown here or out of season in the supermarket. That's because the air transport is widely used to export or import agricultural products between countries. Is it a positive development? Personally, I feel that whether it is good or bad depends on the individual's attitude.

Firstly, importing the agriculture products can give people more choice on the food selection. For example, vegetables are hard to grow in some desert area, but people still can enjoy the fresh vegetable every day benefits from the air transport. Moreover, different kind of vegetables or fruits contains different ingredient. If we can buy the other country's product, it can help us to have the choice to maintain a more balance diet.

Furthermore, exporting goods to other countries can help the exporter country to expand its superiority of agricultural and bring more profit to the economy. It also provides more job opportunities for some industries, like the agricultural, transportation and trade etc.

On the other hand, selling the imported products may have negative impact on the local agricultural that's why some people think it is unjustified. It is easy to image that if the imported goods with a better quality are in the similar price as the local product, people properly would choose the imported product. That result the local products are dull of sale. Besides, it is not eco-friendly because air transport use massive amount of fuel and greatly add to global warming and pollution

In sum, using air transport to export or import agriculture products is good to both countries and their citizens. But it would be better if government can make some rules to protect the local industries. At the mean time, individuals should buy the local organic food and support the environment friendly brands.
clarkmc 3 / 17  
According to the book that i have been reading, in writing for ielts avoid using contacted words eg . that is instead of that's
April April 13 / 148 22  
we can easy to find --- we can EASILY find
which are not grown here --- what is 'HERE'?
between countries --- AMONG countries (when you write 'between' you mean only 2 countries. 'Among' indicates more than 2)
Is it a positive development? --- you should leave out this sentence. It's unnecessary

And Maria's right. Don't use contractions in academic writing.

Best
golay 2 / 3  

or you can use "from country to country" or "from one country to another"

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ESSAY: Air transport is increasingly used to export agricultural products.