Do you agree that learning about the past counts little value in the modern world? I don't

Lanarey 3 / 6 7  
Learning about the past counts little value in the modern world. What is your opinion?

These days, many people consider History as inance in a futuristic world, since History holds fewer meanings to the construction of a child's progress than Maths and other Sciences. I firmly believe that this is a miserable attitude that overlooks the stance of History. History, in fact, is as important as any other domains.

Learning about the past establishes people's analytical skill. Via History, world affairs in the past are scrutinized, from the root causes to the upshot of historical events, which still impose on us these days. It also allows history learners to think critically about narratives that have developed over time and in doing tso, learners do not only look at the event individually, but also interrelate to contemporary events to see their mutual impact. History provides them with a format to develop the meaningful interpretations necessary to examine the events that shape modern society. Thanks to the postulation of History thinking process, learners build up better analytical skill constantly demanded in their daily lives.

Another merit of antiquity knowledge is that people stand a good chance of learning from mistakes. History is a lesson: a lesson of intentions, movements, experiments, and human production. Throughout history of humankind, stories about wars, in which prevail how a wrong decision can give rise to irretrivevable consequences like anguish, massive deaths and famine, are discernible. To illustrate the point, after two World Wars, eleven million precious lives were lost, and even when the war ended, the battle scar was not easily diluted. These concrete evidence deputize for latent lessons that history perpetually reminds us of. Humankind now is able to learn to prevent parallel mistakes from reoccuring. Unequivocally, this is unfeasible if there is a bereft of historical knowledge.

Some people would argue that learning history is of little value to present days since it belongs to the time immemorial. However, amenities including state-of-the-art applications people utilize today are mainly inherited from research in the past. Disrespecting former time renders people to be parasites.

In conclusion, historical understanding benefits us in some aspects that may be inadvertently overlooked. As such, history is as crucial to a child's mindset as natural sciences are. Personally, I think history is more than about the past, it is about who we really are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was really stucked amongst ideas on writing this essay. I find it hard to make it more persuasive. Can anyone help me with my thesis?

Thank you
irfan727 49 / 68 29  
Hello Nguyen, let me try to give some suggestions on your passage

These days, manya wide range of(try to use less common words)peoplemankind(i'm sure u will repeat word "people") consider History as inanceincence(i guess you typo) in a futuristic world, since History ...

History, in fact,In fact, history(make it simple without many commas) is as important as any other domains.

Learning aboutregarding the past establishes people's analytical skill.

.. and in doing tso(?)so , learners do not only look at the event individually, but alsoyet as well as interrelate to contemporary events to see their mutual impact.

thanks, hope it can help
OP Lanarey 3 / 6 7  
Thank you @irfan727 for your useful advice. There are some minor mistakes because I mistyped them
As you suggest, I will use more uncommon words in my writing.
Can anyone put forward some better ideas for this task?

Home / Writing Feedback / Do you agree that learning about the past counts little value in the modern world? I don't