Do you agree or disagree that advertising serves no purpose for the society and should be banned?

sinanju 2 / 2  
The prevailing tendency of advertising through the social media has become ubiquitous for the majority of industries nowadays. Nevertheless, appealing as it may be, frowns of disapproval are given rejecting this kind of marketing stunt due to its misleading bombardment of information for the society. In my opinion, I completely disagree with the given statement.

Firstly, there is no denying the fact that advertising taps into the basic requirement of one business survival in terms of self-promoting its product or quality of service to the public. In fact, the majority of relevant consumers mostly acknowledge of any certain types of product through special offer or the intriguing marketing effects, all of which are intensively implemented on numerous advertisements. Secondly, advertisements have, inevitably, significant role in increasing opportunities for labor force. For instance, advertising sequences foster competitive environment for companies to suitably enhance their products. Hence, the general economy should also be influenced resulting in creation of new occupations for numerous individuals. Another special consideration in this cases is that the implicit strategies through advertising might pose as the promotion of convenience when using the product bringing positive feeling without offence. Generally, companies usually introduce their new versions by mentioning the comfortable lifestyle through using such products.

Despite its fundamental advantages in different ways, advertising still has some defects on the society. Misleading fact of the product may also be widely found. Particularly, some manufacturers can be a bit overboard when over reconsidering their goods as the most important or solely perfect tool while the initial quality of those are not compatible with such declaration. Still, the disadvantages of this trend cannot outweigh its social benefits.

In conclusion, undoubtedly, advertisements greatly reflect much of customers' desire for goods in an appropriate way while the society is still looking for its negative side rather than the positive. Thus, this kind of marketing should be seen more in optimistic light.
szhang25 15 / 21 8  
Your introduction is really nice! It flows very well and is clear but concise.

"In my opinion, I completely disagree with the given statement."
I do not exactly know the format the prompt requires, but in general, it may be better to avoid the use of "my" and "I" in persuasive writing. Additionally, not all readers will read the prompt, and out of context, your thesis is very unclear. The idea you disagree with, that advertising serves no purpose for society and should be banned, should be restated and clarified within your thesis.

"Firstly, there is no denying the fact that advertising taps into the basic requirement of one business survival in terms of self-promoting its product or quality of service to the public."

This is a great topic sentence; one little thing is that the sentence itself already sounds like a good transition, so adding "firstly" to the beginning may be a bit wordy or unnecessary. This is not a big issue though.

Another thing with your second paragraph is that it combines all your support into one long passage. It may help to make your argument stronger if you separated this paragraph into two or more paragraphs, each of which focuses and further expands one supporting reason.

I really like your inclusion of the rebuttal paragraph, it is really well-written!

"In conclusion, undoubtedly, advertisements greatly reflect much of customers' desire for goods in an appropriate way while the society is still looking for its negative side rather than the positive."

Again, the concatenation of multiple clauses and transition words makes the beginning of this sentence a bit awkward, so try rephrasing it. For example, "In conclusion, undoubtedly,it is indubitable that advertisements greatly reflect..."
humashamsi 1 / 1  
Introduction and body is good enough and few unusual words as I see few mistakes which i would highlight

This line should be like this :

Secondly, advertisement have (Comma not there) inevitable significant role in increasing opportunity for labor force (kindly explain how can advertisement increase opportunity for labor case)
Advertising is a means of marketing strategy. That's my point of view.

Home / Writing Feedback / Do you agree or disagree that advertising serves no purpose for the society and should be banned?