IELTS- Advertising and its impact on high sales and real needs of people

mkm123 1 / -  
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.

To what extend do you agree or disagree?

By developing human society advertisement has become essential part of life for discovering the new products and services as well as for production companies to introduce them to customers. However, some people think that it is the main cause of buying commodities, but I think that is not correct for several reasons.

Although we all might have experiences of buying some goods that after a while we felt that we made a mistake in our decision for buying it, but advertising should not be blamed. It was simply our mistake. After a while we would rethink and did not repeat our mistakes. This is the process of human learning, and s like an everyday situation in life. For example, when you chose a bad friend for any reasons and you felt that you made a mistake, you would not repeat your decision again and try to reconsider your decision and make a better choice.

Another reason is that if people do not need something, they will not buy it. If they just bought base on advertisement, then what would they do for other requirements? They will end up by buying staff that is advertised and no money is left for non advertised things. Secondly, we should not have any unsuccessful business because each company could easily sell any good with just advertisement. However, this is not the case in reality. We hear every day that some companies go bankrupt because of lack of competition in spite of paying lots of money for advertisement.

In reality, advertisement is a sophisticated method that benefits both the customer and the seller. Because of development in human society, and availability of communication media like TV, radio, satellite TV and internet. Companies take advantages of these media to introduce their goods to customers. Due to huge competitions between these companies, customers usually benefit from high quality goods with lower prices.

At the end, I believe advertisement is beneficial for customers, but they should be wise enough to select the product that they really need it
beepro21 15 / 22  
I must say that your writing is not successful. Three reasons given are not convincing and logical. There are conflicts among them.( Another reason is that if people do not need something, they will not buy it.At In the end, I believe advertisement is beneficial for customers, but they should be wise enough to select the product that they really need it)I think you should take examples of some products to strengthen your points.You also made some grammatical mistakes and expression errors.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS- Advertising and its impact on high sales and real needs of people