Advertisements should not be directed towards little children but for adults

Ssakshijain 28 / 146 87  
Television advertising directed toward young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Televisions today has not only become a source of entertainment but a daily routine for most of the families including children and so have the advertisements shown on it. These advertisements are meant for commercial purposes, few are meant for awareness but with the increased business trend they have started targeting the young children too through toys companies. This should be stopped because kids of little age become stubborn and demanding seeing these attractive endorsements.

Recently my nephew started crying for a toy he saw in one of the ads on TV and unwillingly my sister had to buy an expensive toy for him. He becomes too persistent for purchasing the toys shown in channels every time his parents go to market. This made me realize that why young kids are becoming targets for the commercial companies and why they advertise on cartoon channels or other kid channels. Instead of showing fairy tales, publicity of goods has overwhelmed the television now. Thus I believe that advertisements should be meant for adults only and not for children. They will demand for what they see as they are highly influenced by the creative channels like POGO, cartoon network and want to emulate that.

Such kind of ads comes up showing other small kids and show how a small kid asked his parents to get something and how he is happy . The kids tend to imitate them and this has become a problem for low income families.

In a nutshell, I would say that advertisements should not be directed towards little children but for adults. The kids should be able to see their cartoons without any commercialization though. This is for their entertainment but not to attract them as customers.
Sakshi, having based your debate of the issue upon your personal experience is something that has made this essay quite authoritative without actually using researched material for reference. All essays benefit from the inclusion of life experiences in the discussion and allows the reviewer to better come to understand the extent of your understanding of the prompt. I am really impressed with the line of reasoning tha tyou used but a bit saddened by the way that the essay turned into a grammatical mess. Don't worry though, your opinion is clearly understood just the same. That is what matters the most. So, let's just work on improving your current essay at certain points below:

Televisions WATCHING today has not only become a source of entertainment , but ALSO a daily routine for most of the families including THAT INCLUDES children. THAT IS WHY THERE ARE ADVERTISEMENTS TARGETING CHILDREN ON TELEVISION THESE DAYS. and so have the advertisements shown on it. These advertisements are meant for commercial purposes, few are meant for awareness but AND with the increased business trend they have started targeting the young children too through toys companies. This should be stopped PREVENTED because kids of little age become stubborn and demanding AFTER seeing these attractive endorsements.

Recently my nephew started crying AND DEMANDING HIS PARENTS BUY HIM for a toy he saw in one of the ads on TV . and u Unwillingly my sister had to buy an BOUGHT THE expensive toy for him. He becomes too persistent for purchasing the toys shown in channels every time his parents go to market NOW HAS A PERSISTENT ATTITUDE OF DEMANDING HIS PARENTS BUY THE TOYS HE SEES ON TELEVISION. . This made me realize that why young kids are becoming targets for the commercial companies and why they advertis BY ADVERTISING on cartoon channels or other kid channels. Instead of showing fairy tales, publicity of goods has overwhelmed the television now CHILDREN'S NETWORKS LIKE NICKELODEON AND CARTOON NETWORK. Thus I believe that advertisements should be meant for adults only and not for children. They CHILDREN will demand for what they see as they are highly influenced by the creative channels like POGO, cartoon network and want to emulate that.

In a nutshell, I would say that advertisements should not be directed towards little children but for TO adults. The kids should be able to see their cartoons without any commercialization though . PARENTS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CHOOSE WHICH TOYS TO PURCHASE FOR THEIR CHILDREN BASED UPON THE COMMERCIALS THEY SEE AND ANALYZE. This is for their entertainment but not to attract them as customers.

Home / Writing Feedback / Advertisements should not be directed towards little children but for adults