Advantages and disadvantages of living in apartment blocks.

kumar1980 1 / -  
What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in apartment blocks? Explain and support your opinion.

In the modern era of materialism, families have broken down into small units. Thus, peoples' tendency towards living in apartment blocks is proliferating. There are many pro and cones of residing in these blocks. In this essay, I will discuss those.

To begin with, people live in these units, because it is more secure as compared to private houses. Usually these houses are protected through security alarms and 24 hours video surveillance. These security procedures make these blocks inaccessible for trespassers Moreover; these apartments incorporate with many recreational facilities, such as communal laundry, fitness centre and swimming pool. Therefore, these additional amenities enhance the living experience of its dwellers. Furthermore, due to adjacent blocks, harmony among residents increases and they share their thick and thin of life with each other.

On the contrary, living in these blocks has some demerits as well, for instance, proximity of blokes with each other put people in a dilemma, because of the nasty behavior of the neighbors. In addition to generally these blocks are built as multistory buildings with no lift facility, so it becomes difficult for people to get to their blocks if they are residing in 3rd or 4th level. What is more, parking is another crucial issue of these buildings, and situation get worse when these inhabitants are visited by their nearest and dearest.

To sum up, taking everything into account, I firmly believe that living in an apartment complex is better despite some demerits, because buying an independent house is extremely expensive, and everyone may not be able to buy a house.
You are smart to use the word proliferate, but actually it is used in a slightly different way. It usually means something is multiplying. Have you seen the movie called "Gremlins?" Gremlins proliferate when they get water on them.

I think in this case you should use the word "increasing" here instead of proliferating.

You can say, though, that apartment blocks are proliferating to accommodate the increased interest in apartment blocks.

cones cons

Also, (one thing) puts, and (two things) put...
Proximity is one thing. So, write this:
...proximity of blokes with each other puts ...

To begin with, people live in these units, because it is they are more secure as compared to private houses.

Lynn Truong, this is excellent work!! I just read all your helpful ideas; you are great!! :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Advantages and disadvantages of living in apartment blocks.