Advantages & disadvantage of studying abroad. Brilliant future?

summer2012 1 / -  
Could you please give me some advice on this essay? Can you tell me ho­w much band score can I get? Thank you in advance for your comments!

Topic: "Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay at home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?"

Nowadays, many students are eager to study abroad in university for a brilliant future. Some people believe that studying overseas can gain great benefits. Others argue that overseas students might face many disadvantages. In my opinion, the advantages of studying abroad would far outweigh the disadvantages.

It is evident that students may suffer many problems when living and studying in a different culture. They might encounter culture shock and communication barrier. It could take them a quite long period in order to understand cultural obstacles to adapt to new cultures. In addition, students also experience homesickness when they are far away from their family, friends, food and everything familiar in their homeland. Moreover, it could be really expensive so that students need to prepare financial resources before entering into universities.

However, getting education in foreign country can offer significant advantages. Living in any new country is likely to broaden the mind. Indeed, experiencing new cultures, seeing a different way of life, witnessing the way other peoples doing things are obviously positive, enhanced experience. Subsequently, their outlook on life becomes different. Besides, it is much easier to improve foreign language skills effectively when they are surrounded by foreign language environment. Moreover, experience abroad might give students better job opportunities. In fact, employers always value international experience highly as this set of candidates is known as adaptable, independent, problem-solving and open-minded.

In conclusion, studying overseas can bring opportunities for a better life, whereas there are also many challenges that students have to overcome to make their dreams come true.
Renoir 1 / 4  
Hello,

I feel like you are not totally answering the topic :

- The topic already presents studying abroad as something positive -> "Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people"

- The question is "But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay at home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?"

I think you are expected to insist on "difference between cultures" part of the topic, I would probably re-word the topic like this: "What are the disadvantages and benefits of having to adapt to a new culture (from a student's perspective)?"

Let me know what you think of that :)
ankush008 1 / 2  
Merged:

I want to know to about the," Benefits to home country and future plan after study"?

1.Benefits to home country
What should i write about this point.?

2.Future plan after study in PhD in engineering field.

Tell me about these above two point.
I am waiting of your response
Ssakshijain 28 / 146 87  
Hi Ankush, you are supposed to write about your study plans. What is your purpose to do this course and what will be your goal after you will get a degree? What will you do with the degree after school ? According to you, what do you think that how your study and program will benefit your country? How your studies will be useful to your home country?. Hope this helps, start writing, then post your draft here to get the review.

Home / Writing Feedback / Advantages & disadvantage of studying abroad. Brilliant future?