IELTS: ACADEMIC- LINE GRAPH- TOURISTS IN FIVE COUNTRIES

candy07 9 / 33 6  
This is a line graph showing number of international tourists arriving in millions to five countries namely Brazil, Egypt, Malaysia, France and U.S.A. from year 1995 to year 2010.

It is observed that maximum number of tourists travelled to U.S.A , while minimum number of tourists travelled to Brazil and Egypt in these years.

U.S.A. had 70 million international tourists in year 1995 and the number steadily grew over five years to around 82 million in year 2000. The number of tourists steadily kept on increasing and reached a mark of 88 million in year 2005 . After that the number remained almost similar to around 85 million till year 2010.France showed a dramatic increase in the number of tourists from 30 million in year 1995 to 60 million in year 2000. The number of tourists then stabilised around 65 million for next five years . Then again from year 2005 to 2010 the number sharply rose to 85 million which is similar to the number of tourists travelling to U.S in year 2010.

Malaysia had almost 25 million tourists, and the number remained similar in all these years. Brazil and Egypt had fairly lower number of tourists i.e around 8-12 million over these years.

tiaDS 73 / 235 52  
I don't say it that is bad detail paragraph, but it will be better if you make this paragraph with comparison and contrast.
The number of international visitors was a significant increase in four countries, while only the number of international travelers who visited in America recorder a steady decline in 2010.
OP candy07 9 / 33 6  
Hi tiaDS
Thanks for your revert
You are right . I should have compared the countries at least US and France . I will improve in my next writing

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: ACADEMIC- LINE GRAPH- TOURISTS IN FIVE COUNTRIES