Abortion should be allowed but with certain restrictions!

carolina5501 2 / -  
In certain situations women should be the only one who can decide whether the life of the fetus should continue for the good of both lives. Every person has the right to decide what to do with their lives. Each person has different perspectives about life and morally values. As we respect how each person is with their culture and their religious believes, we should respect the woman's decision about their pregnancy state. When the fetus has not developed into an individual, then the moral rights of a woman should overweight the fetus' rights.

The fetus that is becoming a new life into the woman's body should be received in this world with appreciation and motivation to nurture. If a woman rejects her pregnancy due to a rape imagine how she will overreact. It will emotionally and psychologically affect her as well as the development of the newborn. The psychological effects of a rape in a woman, causes a immensely degradation of her self-esteem. In other cases of unplanned pregnancy due to bad relationships or stage of life, could cause an even worst rejection of the baby's and own life.

According to Warren, the fetus is an entity that has potential to become a person in the moral sense. She emphasizes the fact that being genetically human are not relevant attributes to consider fetus to be fully a person. In her theory she states that a moral community consists of all and only people, rather than all and only human beings. To make such distinction, she gives five characteristics the fetus should possess in order to be considered fully a person: consciousness, reasoning, self-motivated activity, capacity to communicate and the presence of self-concepts and self-awareness. Because the fetus doesn't satisfy any of the criteria, therefore should not be considered a personhood.

Based on the criteria and the moral rights a woman should possess over the fetus, a woman should be able to decide what is best for her as well as the baby's benefit. As I mentioned earlier, in those cases of rape pregnancy might be deprivation of liberty rather than a gratifying sensation. So, why we should let a baby suffer psychological and even economical degradations? We are letting give life to somebody who might destroy our society by the lack of enough education and appreciation he/she should receive. Realistically is hard to raise a child, so imagine how it will be to foster an undesirable one.

Furthermore, if a woman is too young or too old to have the baby and physically is impossible to give a good future to the unborn, then abortion should be allowed. Even though the father can take care of the baby, the mother is the one who can decide whether to have it or not. "To deny a woman access to abortion is to deprive her right to control her own body" (Arthur, 194). Women have the right to choose what is better for her health and her future, as well as to see what the best choice is for the baby.

In my opinion, abortion should be allowed but with certain restrictions. It should be only permissible in early stages of pregnancy because in late stages we are killing an innocent life, as the embryo is almost full developed. Even though
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You've written a very good essay that you only need to proofread to catch a few mistakes. I'll be glad to help you with that.

"In certain situations women should be the only one who can decide whether the life of the fetus should continue for the good of both lives."

You need to add an "s" to "one" since you are referring to "women," not just one woman.

"Each person has different perspectives about life and morally values."

I think this is probably a revision that you didn't quite finish; you have "morally" where you meant "moral."

"As we respect how each person is with their culture and their religious believes, we should respect the woman's decision about their pregnancy state."

A more direct way to open the sentence would be: "Just as we respect each person's culture and their religious beliefs, we . . . " Notice that I changed "believes" to "beliefs."

"When the fetus has not developed into an individual, then the moral rights of a woman should overweight the fetus' rights."

You need to change "overweight" to "outweigh."

"The fetus that is becoming a new life into the woman's body should be received in this world with appreciation and motivation to nurture."

You need to switch "into" and "in": "a new life in the woman's body" and "should be received into this world." Also, "the motivation to nurture it" would be a little more clear.

"If a woman rejects her pregnancy due to a rape imagine how she will overreact."

Insert a comma before "imagine."

"The psychological effects of a rape in a woman, causes a immensely degradation of her self-esteem."

You don't need the comma after "woman", "causes" should be "cause" and "immensely" should be "immense."

"In other cases of unplanned pregnancy due to bad relationships or stage of life, could cause an even worst rejection of the baby's and own life."

This sentence needs some restructuring. How about: "Cases of unplanned pregnancy due to bad relationships or stage of life could cause . . . " You don't need the comma. I understand what you mean by an unplanned pregancy that is due to a bad relationship, but I don't understand the "stage of life" part. Can you think of a way to clarify this? Also, I think you meant to say ". . . rejection of the baby's and the woman's own life."

I hope this gives you an idea of things to look for when you are proofreading your work. The best thing you can do is to read the essay out loud and listen carefully to what you are saying. If you hear something that sounds wrong, it probably is. I've caught lots of my own mistakes when I read out loud; try it and see if it doesn't help.

You've stated your point well. Just look for those little errors in punctuation and places where you may have had a cut-and-paste or a revision accident, and your essay will be even better than it already is.

Best of luck!

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / Abortion should be allowed but with certain restrictions!