Why Yale - short ans (passion in cultural studies)

swuvvy 7 / 20  
Comments?

What in particular about Yale has influenced your decision to apply? Please limit your response to the space provided.

I can't think of a better place than Yale to further my passion in cultural studies. I'm particularly drawn to its dynamic student life and diverse cultural groups. While pursuing a major in Ethnicity, Race and Migration, I'd love to write for Revelasians, the magazine published by the Asian American Cultural Centre, and contribute to the Intercultural Affairs Council. I wish to emerge from Yale an engaged, global citizen actively working to better the lives of others, one small step at a time.
joonghoon5 3 / 9  
I think that Yale can be replaced with different colleges in this writing.

I think you should have an anecdote to reveal about yourself and how it fits the community of Yale.

:)
sadhvi010 3 / 18  
have you done anything similar to what Yale already provides? That you would like to further your experience in? if you can think of something...write about that a bit...hope that helps!
OP swuvvy 7 / 20  
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I realize that this is kind of vague and doesn't really highlight anything special that attracts me to Yale.

I will revise ASAP and post another version :)
molecule 2 / 10  
You are right Jing!....You should mention about any multi-cultural experiences you have had in your life. Also you should mention your curiosity about knowing how different people react to a certain stimulus....just elaborate a bit and the essay is gonna rock!
cucciola21 4 / 8  
This is good, but it needs to answer "why" a little bit better. All of the things you mention, another school can provide. Give Yale a better idea of why you picked THEM and not any other school.

Good Luck. I'm answering the same question right now. =]
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
Just be forthright. "It's Yale, one of the best brand names in the world. That alone is enough reason."
ace 5 / 66 5  
its great you mentioned what you intend to do with Yale resources! besides that it is vague any college can do that for almost anyone

Home / Undergraduate / Why Yale - short ans (passion in cultural studies)