'the world of technology' - UC Prompt; Describe the world you come from

Jcubed 3 / 4 2  
I've rewritten this promt 10 times and I finally created something I find decent. Please let me know if there is anything I need to change. Majorly or Minorly. Thanks a bunch! Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school - and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

"Hurry! We're not going to make it to your sisters performance!" My mom called frantically as I trailed behind her carrying her tripod, camera bag, and my own backpack. When we finally reached the auditorium, skating through the entrance I set up the tripod in one swift motion, mounting the camera on top and pressing the record button, just as the lights began to dim; we had made it. Ever since I was a child there were two major things that shaped who I was, and who I want to be. My family, and through my family, the technology that sustained our lives. Through the events in my life created by my family history and the technological presence that coincided with those events, my passion to delve into the world of computers was formed.

As a child born in the 1990's I have grown up into era where the world of technology has advanced at an ever increasing rate. For as long as I can remember, I have always been fascinated by the way technology functions through the electrical components and software. The way each and every component works together like a gigantic puzzle, and how the puzzle becomes more and more complicated as time goes on, has always fascinated me. Through my family's constant usage of the technology, such as the way my family enjoys recording the moments of our lives for memories, I have always been blessed with the accessibility to the latest updates in the computers and gadgets that my family use. Utilizing these things, I have been allowed to change and explore the different ways a computer can work, and has inspired me to look into the world of computers, and how I can work to become more knowledgeable in the functionality of computers. As opposed to only viewing the world of technology as one of innovation that allows us to play games and go on facebook, I see how the world of technology creates a stronger world, with quicker communication to the loved ones that serve us overseas, or how computers provide a vast database of knowledge that is more and more increasingly accessible to the student and average person; thus sparking my aspirations for further study in the world of computers.

While computers change the world, I want to become more diligent in the functions and changes. Similar to how my family has helped me to become more efficient in seeing how the world of technology can help others, I dream to become a person who can not only learn to understand computers and technology, but aid others in the rapid change of computers.
RonaldHe510 2 / 3  
I know the technology that revolves around you has made you more interested in computers, but what exactly is your aspiration? You said "aid others in the rapid change of computers," but how? You can elaborate more on it, for example: A career path?
OP Jcubed 3 / 4 2  
I want to go into computer science but I have no idea how to put that into there.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the world of technology' - UC Prompt; Describe the world you come from