from a waste to house - replacing cement Portland by waste brick in housing

kikiliyik 12 / 35 2  
Dear all, please gives me your advice to repair and improve my writing. thank you

In more than 500 words describe specifically how your proposed study and/or research will enable you to contribute to the social or economic development of your home country.

The infrastructure in my country still has low quality and quantity for many people in whole islands. There are many cases that is happening to

Today, providing appropriate and economical houses for poor people is still be the big problem to city council in M. Even though the government has tried to press the cost for living houses, the houses' price are still expensive for much more people in M. Honestly, this problem is happening in most all big cities in Indonesia such as Surabaya, Jakarta, Bandung.

One of factors that causes high cost for living project is the cost of material. One of main materials in building is Portland cement. Almost all parts in the building need Portland cement-brick glue, wall-filler, floor glue. Portland cement is the material that contains pozzolan. Pozzolan is the unsure that contains of silica. Brick is one of materials that contain of silica. Utilization wasting brick in Indonesia is far away from maximum. Whereas, this utilization can reduce much cost for building material. Moreover, from the last research that conducted by ...(...), it was proven that cement Portland has over strength if this used in the wall or concrete for housing construction. So, using Portland cement actually, is one of wasting of quality and fees aspects in housing construction.

Using waste brick in housing construction is not only solving extravagance problems in housing construction, but also can keep our earth from global warming. This is because, by replacing cement pozzolan with waste brick, we have reduce the CO (Carbon monoxide) from Portland production, un-directly. According to Global Cement Directory (2012), In Indonesia producing cement from the biggest cement company is 17Mt/yr in 2010, but this number will be on target to produce over 25Mt in 2012 and that it will ramp production up to 30Mt/yr in 2015. This will increase production of CO2 that today contributes about 25,7% emission in most Indonesian big cities (Housing Research and Development Center of Research and Development of the Department of Public Works: 2005).

If we stand with Portland, so we make Portland companies produce more and more cement. Also, the producing process of waste brick to be cement is done without fabrication. This can be another advantage in environment and economical aspect in using waste brick.

Based on my explanations above, replacing cement Portland by waste brick in housing construction is very important and urgent. This is because necessity of housing for high population and country, and many advantages that we can get from waste brick cement process.
BOMAT_IRA 29 / 40  
There are many cases that is happening to Today, providing appropriate and economical houses for poor people is still be the big problem to city council in M.

Moreover, from the last research that conducted by...(...), it was proven that cement Portland has over strength if this used in the wall or concrete for housing construction.

What do you mean, brother...
The infrastructure in my country...

... You need to improve this para. Your ideas are not getting delivered properly. Is this you wanted to say;
My country, Indonesia has a long way to go in terms of building good infrastructure in order to provide its people with at least a reasonably quality life. The soaring prices of the houses have become a big problem for the poor people to afford a decent living.
OP kikiliyik 12 / 35 2  
thank you very much. However I want my writing to be more specific, because mostly, housing problem happens in big cities. thank you

Home / Undergraduate / from a waste to house - replacing cement Portland by waste brick in housing