'Tupac's changes' - NYU short response

LW Trojan 1 / 10  
What do you think about this response?; this is the prompt:

You have been selected to sing in a talent show. What song would you choose? Why?

I experienced a sort of catharsis as I sat in my living room and watched an African-American nominee be elected president of the United States. I was reminded also of a verse from the song "Changes" by Tupac: "Although it seems heaven-sent, we ain't ready to see a black president." Suddenly the song seemed to take on a new meaning that spoke of our progress and endless possibilities, and inspired hope. As I utter the words to this song, I re-experience that cathartic moment. I sing proudly.
EF_Constance - / 143  
I experienced a sort of catharsis as I sat in my living room and watched an African-American nominee be elected president of the United States. I was reminded also of a verse from the song "Changes" by Tupac: "Although it seems heaven-sent, we ain't ready to see a black president." Suddenly, the song seemed to take on a new meaning that spoke of our progress and endless possibilities, and inspired hope. As I utter the words to this song, I re-experience that cathartic moment. I sing proudly.

What is the word count for this prompt? If it is a bit longer, I would write a bit more about the song's influence on you. Good job otherwise!
Wow, awesome! You can strengthen it with reference to some OLD literature .. the history that led to this day. A quote from The Fire Next Time, by Baldwin... a quote by M.L. King... talk about the meaning of the song within the framework of the history of the civil rights movement.
OP LW Trojan 1 / 10  
I pretty much reached the character limit with this response already. Thanks for the comments!

Home / Undergraduate / 'Tupac's changes' - NYU short response