The true beauty of Northwestern ; Northwestern Supp;A TOOL FOR CHANGE

BilboLinda 3 / 6 2  
Northwestern Statement: What are the unique qualities of Northwestern - and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying - that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified? (250 words)

All critic is welcome and appreciated and urged!!!

Theater allows ideas to impregnate the minds of complacent members of society by captivating and inciting their intellectual and emotional perceptions. It gives voice to a smorgasbord of political and social movements either in the most obvious of ways- Guerilla Theater-or subliminally through farcical delights-Improv. Yet, to have such power, the root must thrive in an environment that encourages change, intelligence, controversy, opportunities and the art itself to grow-Northwestern University.

The true beauty of Northwestern is not due to its breath taking lakeside view, lushes grounds, grandeur castle-like buildings but what lies behind its sensual ivy covered doors: academic prosperity. Although primarily an actor, I am yearn to dive into the world of tech, directing, play writing, and managing within the School of Communications-no matter the difficulty. By taking full advantage of the program, I will become a valuable company member within Northwestern and the internship opportunities offered at Steppenwolf Theater, Second Stage Theater, and Lookingglass Theater.

My passion for Northwestern does not stem from the common want that many have: to go far from home. I love my home, my family, my friends. Yet, I am more than willing to relocate 800 miles away from home to begin a life of my own and escape the cold grip of poverty and cultural complacency. Northwestern is the environment that will further my dream of conducting Theater and Political/Social Science to expose society to the ongoing complacency to injustices. Ambition throbs throughout Northwestern-throughout my veins.
lyhds18 2 / 2  
you expressed your genuine love for northeastern very well! great essay!
mrth 3 / 10 1  
political and social movements either in the most obvious of ways I think the "either" is a bit awkward and unnecessary here.

Yet, to have such power, The "yet" can also be dropped

I am yearn Oops. You meant yearning, right? haha

Just some small technical things. Also, the words impregnate and throb are a bit, idk, awkward. I don't mean in an immature, haha way but the words sound a bit bulky? But that's just a personal thing.

But overall, great essay, very passionate! Good luck :)

Home / Undergraduate / The true beauty of Northwestern ; Northwestern Supp;A TOOL FOR CHANGE