'top ranked' Georgia Tech Suppl. Essay- Why are you interested in attening Georgia Tech

aaron_cann 2 / 2  
Why are you interested in attending Georgia Tech and what do you hope to contribute to our community? (150 word limit)

Georgia Tech, ranked in the top ten public universities with its emphasis on research, technology, and innovation, will prepare me for a successful lifelong career. I would like to attend Georgia Tech because I am confident that its top ranked College of Engineering will provide me with the knowledge, experience, and skill to excel in a professional work environment.

On my path to the rank of Eagle Scout I have learned to give back through volunteer opportunities and community service. I look forward to donating my time to the Atlanta Area Council with the goal of inspiring young Scouts to push themselves inside of the classroom and out. I also look forward participating in ORGT activities and becoming involved with the Division of Student Affairs and the Georgia Tech Student Chapter of the American Society of Engineering Education. (138 words)

This is what I have so far and I have 12 words to spare. If you have any suggestions or see any grammatical errors your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very very much!
sthakur 2 / 22 7  
I think you should stray from being so explicit and try to be more creative with your writing. Use various sentence structures and make it interesting to read (you can write it informally too). I like that you are detailed about what aspect of their engineering program you are interested in but since Georgia Tech is difficult to get into, I would say be more creative and show them that they NEED to have you there!

Home / Undergraduate / 'top ranked' Georgia Tech Suppl. Essay- Why are you interested in attening Georgia Tech