Unanswered [9] / Urgent [0]
Home / Undergraduate /16

Title for college application essay?

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know if you need a title for a college application essay? If not, would you recommend one? Thanks

not necessarily. i'm sure there has been a similar thread about this a while back.

you don't have to have one but then theres nothing wrong with not having one.

the title isn't going to be determining a large, if not any portion of your essay
so if you can't think of anything, then you don't need one.

i only had one for my common apps essay
It is always recommended to title you work. I will give a professional feel to the piece. Always, it can give the reader an idea of the content of your essay. By titling your work (in an interesting or mysterious way) you might entrique the reader to read your essay with more spontaneous-ness, and enthusiasm...
I did not write any titles. Sometimes the essay promps are very broad, it is quite hard to condence the content to a title, and if an attractive title does not fit the essay, you may bring yourself trouble.
not really as long as the essay is answering teh prompt
To Jenn:

The title of your essay depends on its content. People cannot help you recommend anything unless you provide us with some details. Anyway, title is optional (recommended somehow).

Good luck! (:
yea like Amy said
Thanks everyone!! I'm still not sure if i should create a title though, since there are various answers...

If anyone wants to recommend anything, my essay is in the thread Common App. Essay- Option #1: significant experience and its impact The revised version is at the bottom!
Thanks again!

Merged: Do application essays get a title and cover page?

I'm finding a lot of mixed results. I'm applying for the radiologic technology program.

These are the only listed requirements:
"Submit a typed or computer generated essay, no greater than 250 words to describe your knowledge of the occupation, reason for choosing the occupation, and a detailed description of what you observed during your clinical observation."
My teacher say you don't need a cover page for application essays. why don't you submit online? however, I found some people put title on their essay.. maybe you can try to ask the people in the admission office.
  Closed ✓

Home / Undergraduate /