BU three words that describe you best and tell us how you will use qualities

YolaynyMCiriaco 1 / 1  
In an essay of no more than 500 words, please select three words that describe you best and tell us how you will use these qualities/characteristics to contribute fully to the BU community

Immigrating to another country has a way of bringing out the best or the worst of people. It is one of the greatest challenges a person can endure. Although I was curious about the United States when I was first told that I would be coming here, after eleven long years of being told the same and then told that the move would not happen, I lost my curiosity. However, at 12 years old, when my mother told my older sister and I that we would finally be coming north, I reminded myself of the work my mother and other family members put into reuniting us. My conscientious nature and compassion helped me prepare for and accept my journey to the United States. My curiosity, compassion and conscientious nature have continued to support me in my journey to learn English, American culture, and to find success.

"Curiosity killed the cat" ... but it still hasn't killed me. I am a person with an infinite curiosity. My level of curiosity about the world is higher than that most people. I like knowing what happens around me; I like to learn more about everything; I like to know the origin of and the reason for everything. This leads me to ask many questions, even to the point of upsetting the people around me.

I consider myself a compassionate person with a great sense of humanity. My sense of compassion for others comes from my heart. It is natural for me to help people when they need me: being there when they need a shoulder to cry on or when they need someone to talk to. Being compassionate with others does not cost me much, just giving the good that is already inside of my heart. I believe treating others with respect and love makes every endeavor easier.

As a conscientious person, I am a persistent and responsible perfectionist who has strong moral principles that I use to guide my life. This allows me to work hard to achieve my goals, not to lose control of myself and to know the difference between good and bad decisions. I like to get work done and do it right because this reflects my professional capacity, my sense of responsibility and my perfection. I tend to know what is right and wrong, and if I do make a mistake, I learn from it the first time. With the desire to persevere and achieve every one of my goals, no matter what the price to be paid, I know I will have no regrets at the end.

One manner in which I will use my curiosity at Boston University is to always learn more. I will have the enthusiasm to explore and investigate more deeply the career that I decide to pursue. My conscientious personality will help my work to be finished perfectly, on time, and with complete responsibility for all of my work. Also, I will use my compassion when working in groups, trying to understand and respect their point of view and ideas while living my support to my classmates as needed.

thank you
patorooni 4 / 17  
My level of curiosity about the world is higher than most people.

It should be my level of curiosity is higher than that of most people.

All the paragraphs are well written, but I feel like you stray away from your the subject of your curiosity in the third and fourth paragraphs. Find a way to tie them in better.
palakpatel1992 1 / 2  
This is a great final piece, however i feel as if you summarize why you want to go to BU in a quick while before you spend paragraphs on words maybe in the paragraphs tie in why you would be a great choice for their campus and community.

Home / Undergraduate / BU three words that describe you best and tell us how you will use qualities