To speak well is more important than to write well

honghee 3 / 7  
For a person,trying to get his point across is increasingly indispensable nowadays.Not only does the speaking but also the writing enable us to express ourselves immediately and accurately.However,I consider that to speak well to be more important than to write well.

Initially,to speak well is essential for social communication.There's a typical example of my friend who was proficient in writing but poor at speaking went to America two years ago.At the beginning of his life overseas,he neither understand what others said to him nor could express his thought.He found himself unable to make friends with his classmates or even roommates.It made him felt extremely lonely having no one to talk to and he become depressed gradually.What's worse,the lectures or seminars were knocking at a deaf man's door for him,and oral presentation was a serious obstacle in the discussion.Even though had problems in class,he could not inquire with his professor how to solve them.And he failed in two courses in the first semester as expect.His excellent writing skill could not help him get out of that mess,since he could not write down his problems all the time.It explains that speaking well plays a primary role in the communication.

Additionally,to speak well is the key to beating in the competition,especially for getting a job.When applying for a respectable occupation,an employment examination and an interview are required.In a fierce competition,a large number of contestants could passed the examination.However,only a person with a perfect speaking skill in the interview enable to outdo competitors and come through eventually.My brother,a personnel manager of IBM Company,facing to the interview,he responded the complicated questions particularly,skillfully and humorously.When asked the reason of applying for the job,other competitors gave common answers including the fat income,various of opportunities and a good working environment etc.But my brother replied that he wants to concentrate upon his job for overcoming the pain of broken heart.Regardless of whether the answer is true,the interviewer set a high value on his speaking skill and gave him the valuable pass-card.Writing down answers on the examination paper well just shows a person's knowledge,but companies need a talent who put knowledge into actual application.Speaking skill has become the standard of evaluating a person's capability.

To speak well is important,but then so is to write well in certain condition situation.Companies draw up a contract carefully to prevent mistaken words on it,which would bring a heavy loss to companies.However,in common life rarely does an accident like this occur.

All above reasons that I mentioned taken into consideration, I insist that to speak well is more important than to write well.
trungandhoai 7 / 20  
Good argumentative essay. However, I think it will be better if you replace your first example with one which is more objective, real. It is always better to pick up example from real reference than your own experience even it is true.

Thank for your reading
zengrz - / 92  
Hi.

I think the example you use is appropriate, the language is fair good and the ideas are clear.

Some idioms are inappropriate, though:

fat income

high income

speaking skill

Verbal skill, communication skill

etc

Don't need this

My brother,a personnel manager of IBM Company,facing to the interview,he responded the complicated questions particularly,skillfully and humorously.

When my brother was being interviewed for the position of personnel manager at IBM company, he responded the question skillfully and humorously.

I think particularly does not fit here. "My sister like ice-cream. Particularly, vanilla ice-cream."
I may be wrong, though, but I seldom see particularly being use like you did. Keep in mind that all these adverbs make your essay sound vague; the reader won't know how exactly your brother has handled the interview. Try to be more specific next time.

Additionally,to speak well is the key to beating in the competition,especially for getting a job.

Awesome transition!

But my brother replied that he wants to concentrate upon his job for overcoming the pain of broken heart.

Whatever this means, it is not a good idea to use But in this situation. Your previous sentence is saying that you brother did a good job on his interview. Now he said this, and apparently the interviewer has a good impression on it. You use but when you want to introduce an idea that is negative to the previous statement, and in this case it is not true. Instead, you can just continue without using anything. But I still feel that this sentence is really dangerous...

Keep writing!

G L~

Home / Writing Feedback / To speak well is more important than to write well