Social, inclined towards research; LOR for graduate studies(EE) from professor

radiance 1 / 1  
Hi everyone!
Pl review my recommendation letter and suggest changes if any.
Thanks!

To Whomsoever it may concern:
I am pleased to write a letter of recommendation in support Mr. XX who is keen to pursue higher studies at your institution. I have taught him Basic Electronics Engineering, Digital Design & Computer Organization and Power Electronics and was also his class supervisor in his final year.

During my four years of acquaintance with, the notable quality that has impressed me is his inclination towards knowing the practical applications of the theory. His strong desire to increase the depth and width of his knowledge has always driven him into discussing concepts from a fundamental point of view, during the lectures or lab sessions. It was always a pleasure solving his queries, since they were always intellectually stimulating and in some instances, quite challenging! He also has a clear and lucid style of presentation. I had a chance to attend two of his presentations, one being on 'Vending Machines' of his Mechatronics class and the other being his final year project presentation. Both the presentations demonstrated an in-depth study of the topic at hand as well as his flawless communication.

XX also participated in extra-curricular activities and sports. He was an active member of the department table-tennis team. He also participated in the blood donation camps organized by our college. I remember on one occasion, he came to donate blood inspite of being on a fast, but the doctors refused to let him, as it may prove to be harmful to his health. He, nonetheless, volunteered in the other activities of the camp.

In all, I feel that XX will be a good candidate for the graduate program. He has the necessary intelligence,diligence and persistence to complete it successfully. I wish him all the best in his higher education and strongly recommend him for studies at your esteemed university with all possible financial aid.
nissig - / 1  
Perhaps times have changed. However I believe the address is: To Whom It May Concern, (I was taught that this address is proper and thus the words are capitalized as if the entirety is a proper name)

Mr. XX attended and excelled my classes in Basic Electronics Engineering, Digital Design & Computer Organization and Power Electronics. Additionally, I was his class supervisor in his senior year.

Unfortunately, I don't have time right now for the rest but the ending;

In my opinion, XX is an excellent candidate for your graduate program. Based on his previous work, he has demonstrated the qualities required to successfully complete a rigorous graduate program. Yada yada yada.

Jack
OP radiance 1 / 1  
Thank you nissig for your suggestions..i edited accordingly and have made some minor changes as well..would you please check my whole letter..

To Whom It May Concern:
I am pleased to write a letter of recommendation in support Mr. XX who is keen to pursue higher studies at your institution.XX attended and excelled my classes in Basic Electronics Engineering, Digital Design & Computer Organization and Power Electronics. Additionally, I was his class supervisor in his senior year.

During my four years of acquaintance with him, the notable quality that has impressed me is his inclination towards knowing the practical applications of the theory. His strong desire to increase the depth and width of his knowledge has always driven him into discussing concepts from a fundamental point of view, during the lectures or lab sessions. It was always a pleasure solving his queries, since they were always intellectually stimulating. He also has a clear and lucid style of presentation. I had a chance to attend two of his presentation, one being on 'Vending Machines' of his Mechatronics class and the other, his B.E. project seminar. Both the presentations demonstrated an in-depth study of the topic at hand as well as his flawless communication.

XX also participated in extra-curricular activities and sports. He was an active member of the department table-tennis team. He also participated in the blood donation camps organized by our college. I remember on one occasion, he came to donate blood inspite of being on a fast, but the doctors refused to let him, as it would weaken him. He, nonetheless, volunteered in the other activities of the camp.

In my opinion, Shoaib is an excellent candidate for your graduate program. Based on his previous work, he has demonstrated the qualities required to successfully complete a rigorous graduate program. I wish him all the best in his higher education and strongly recommend him for studies at your esteemed university with all possible financial aid.

Home / Undergraduate / Social, inclined towards research; LOR for graduate studies(EE) from professor