significant experience - practicing playing the piano

owen92217 3 / -  
'Describes a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.'

One special experience has influenced me during the past ten years which will definitely influence the future is my experience of practicing playing the piano.

From the year I was only six, I became a "otaku" who stayed with the piano for most time. At the beginning, I complained and even hated to learn it, for I found that to practice playing the piano was so boring. I thought it was unfair for me to learn the piano all day while others play and enjoy their wonderful time. However things started to change over time.Later,I found the charisma of music as well as the piano, I found that music can carry me the relaxed feeling, so I decided to continue to learn .As a young child, more than three-hour practicing every day was hard and fatigue, I gradually to lie down on the job,I was not concentrate on playing the piano. One year's time playing piano in this 'poor' way past away like the river flows, I took the first-time 'Piano Level Test' in my province. Unskilled, forgetting the music score, I failed without a doubt. I was crest fallen and was totally defeated. At that time, my mother, who kindled my interest to piano at first, came to me and told me that interest and passion is far from enough, persistence is the key to the pursue of mastering the skills of playing the piano.

Bearing my mother's words in mind, I took full 3-hour time to practice every day. No matter what happened , I ensured the time taken because I know it was the first step, also the most important. Practice makes perfect ,I passed level-3 and level-6 with flying colors. I remembered that was one day in June,2001,I received an invitation of the city's music festival, The 'Golden Flower Festival'. Only five children would be chosen from totally 150 children who received the invitations, and I was one of them. It designated the song which seemed so difficult to me that I even didn't how to play it as I only had the ability of level-6.It as if that I got a great new car but I even didn't know how to drive! 'Never give up.',I said to myself and learned it note by note.I put all my mind into it in the short three-week time. The three weeks are just a periodic repetition of failure, correction .I persisted on it till the end even when calluses came up on my fingers. I never thought of giving up because I believe that my persistence would lead to final success. At the selection, I was chosen for my excellent performance and I was honored to participated the festival in July. I experienced the most royal ceremony in my childhood. It was the first time that I experienced the persistence for the pursuing what I yearn for and it was the most important lesson in my life. I believe that my persistence to tackle difficulties will enable me to pursue my further academic ambition in the university.

This is an essay about my significant experience
I hope someone can give me some suggestions and do some corrections

Thank you very much

Playing the piano has refined my focus, deepening my meditation throughout ten years of practice.

From the year I was only six, I became an "otaku" who stayed with the piano for most time.

Bearing my mother's words in mind, I invested three full hours into my practice, every day.

Good luck to you! A musician with your years of experience must be very focused. You can accomplish anything! In music, we go very deep.
EF_Constance - / 143  
I would add a bit more to the first paragraph. Use it as an introductory paragraph. I noticed that you consistently did a few things:first, you did not write out numbers below ten; second, you often misplaced commas after periods; and lastly, you did not put a comma between two independent sentences. Other than those things, the essay was well-thought out. I did have an issue understanding one sentence (I noted it above). Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / significant experience - practicing playing the piano