Shadowing Ogechi/ Rating/Opportunities; How you learned about NJIT & Why applying?

jeshuaekwe 1 / -  
First when they say 3000 maximum is that with spaces of without spaces? I'm a bit confused with that,.
Im at 2,445 characters with no spaces and 3, 027 with spaces
Thank you

How did you learn about NJIT and why are you applying for admission?

Growing up I've always had a love for technology. It was something that interested me greatly. As a kid my older sister and I, were considered the engineers of the house. We would fix the microwave, computer and television. One time my dad had cut the TV wire that connected it the cable so my sisters and I would focus solely on our schoolwork and not get distracted. That didn't stop my sister and I. We took a wired hanger and connected it to the antenna input in the back of the TV. Slowly color came on but it still wasn't clear. I went and got foil and attached a piece to both ends of the hanger. With this we were able to watch basic TV, such as WB11, Abc 7, and Saturday morning cartoons. I learned a lot just by following my sister but when it came to setting a computer up and dealing with software, that is when I was her boss. In 2007, my sister graduated from high school and went on to study at Stevens Institute of Technology.

I kept to myself and worked hard on trying to build my own video game system. I took my pc , dvd player, and game systems (xbox 360 and ps3) apart just to see if I could create a top tier video game system like the Xbox 360 or PS3. My uncle, an NJIT graduate in 1998, saw me working on the system one day and requested that I should consider going to NJIT in the future. Two years later, in 2009, my cousin Ogechi Ukaegbu received a scholarship to play soccer at NJIT. When I went to see her games, I enjoyed the atmosphere a lot. She even showed me around campus and talked to me about the different clubs and activities that are there waiting for me to join. I really felt that NJIT was a perfect school for me to feel at ease with. The following year, one of the church members told me to join the Upward Bound Program at NJIT. While attending the program, I learned a lot about NJIT. I learned that it is a state university and that it holds many other majors besides engineering and computer science such as business, communications and media, fine arts and so on. I even got the chance to take a Humanities course for 3 credits with Dr. Brooks my senior year in high school. This allowed me to experience what how an actual NJIT class ran.

Shadowing Ogechi around campus allowed me to see how NJIT is beneficial to students. NJIT is rated as one of the top tier research university in the country. They provide many internships and co-op opportunities for students which help a great deal because of the exposure a student can get in their desired field and the connections that the student is establishing while on the job.

NJIT has worked extremely hard in providing immense opportunities for students. I wish to do the same for NJIT. I am applying to NJIT because I want to work hard and not let what they had worked hard for go in vain. I wish to accomplish my goals and ideas at NJIT and work to contribute my services as best as I can and do well in the long run. NJIT is a very tough and competitive school and I am ready to take on the challenges and do my very best.
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

So you participated in upward bound---a very good program. This program really helps high school students learn a lot about several different colleges. How did NJIT differ from other colleges you learned about? Why/How did it stand out? I like the fact that you talked about visiting the campus and shadowing your cousin. Now you should have a good understanding of the resources available at the school. What you need to do now is link the resources available at the college to things you wish to take advantage of. Be specific and give at least one or two examples. To save on space you can remove any references telling NJIT how great it is, they already know this. -AAO

Hope this helps.

Home / Undergraduate / Shadowing Ogechi/ Rating/Opportunities; How you learned about NJIT & Why applying?