'The Road Taken' - favourite poem supplement

zdv 12 / 68 2  
This is one of my supplements regarding my favourite poem. please help me revise it. I promise to help you with yours. thanks.

The Road Taken

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
The above lines are the last verses of my favorite poem The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. Although I am not poetic myself and usually have a difficult time processing poetry, this is one of the poems that immediately had my attention when I first saw it. It was in the seventh grade that I did, and since then I have used it as a guide to help me take decisions regarding my life.

This poem allowed me to know at a young age that life was going to offer me many different paths and it would always be my choice which path I would take and where I would end up. I saw the woods as my life and the two-way as the options that life would present before me at various points. I learned that I would always have to make a choice and maybe I would be regretful of the road I decided not to take but I had to go on. This poem teaches me to not be afraid of taking risks because if I let my fear overcome me, I would always keep wondering "what if I had done it". It told me that the easiest path with beautiful surroundings would not always take me to the best of place. Sometimes, taking the path that seems difficult is what makes the difference.

And so today, instead of studying in my own country, I choose to venture outside, to the United States, in hope of a better destination and a better future. It is a risk, and I may later regret this decision but at least then I would not be wondering in the possibilities.
moon05 13 / 133 20  
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

I would suggest you write these in Italic

" The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost.

Although I am not poetic myself and usually have a difficult time processing poetry, this is one of the poems that immediately had my attention when I first saw it

ReadorWent Through

It was in the seventh grade that I did

What did you do? did you read it or was that the first time that you took decision based on it? Be clear.

hey Shreya the titles good and when I read the last para I got amazed by what you were indicating all the time!
Good Job done.

By the way, which college's supplement is this?
OP zdv 12 / 68 2  
thank you very much moon . that was very helpful. And it is for the university of chicago.
moon05 13 / 133 20  
Hey zdv could you tell me more about Ullens? and Lalitpur too? I never heard of the city and recently found out that it's even a district.

Is your real name Shreya Yadav? No offense it's just I know many people with that name from India.
mnljkt25 1 / 3 1  
Hi there!

I believe that moon05 pointed out most of the things I wanted to highlight upon haha but still, there are a couple more things that i'd like to add :)

Although I am not poetic myself and usually have a difficult time processing poetry, this is one of the poems that immediately had my attention when I first saw it. It was in the seventh grade that I did, and since then I have used it as a guide to help me take decisions regarding my life.

I have to admit that I do not consider myself poetic and that I have to exert more effort to process such beautiful pieces of literature however this particular poem was one of those poems that immediately catches your attention, and it definitely caught my attention the first time I read it.

-> Beforehand: I'm sorry if my revision's a tad bit too long haha

This poem allowed me to know at a young age that life was going to offer me many different paths and it would always be my choice which path I would take and where I would end up.

I really like this statement of yours!

... because if I let my fear overcome me, I would always keep wondering "what if I had done it".

... I would always be haunted by the "what if(s)" life will hand over for me to ponder upon

Overall I really like this piece of yours and I wish you luck with your application!

Home / Undergraduate / 'The Road Taken' - favourite poem supplement