(the Rhode Island School of Design) Why Brown + (Writing) Academic interest

bananaphone 3 / 6  
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Please tell us more about your interest in Brown: Why does Brown appeal to you as a college option? Who or what has influenced your decision to apply?

My interest in Brown first sparked when I heard of its close relationship with the Rhode Island School of Design. As a student who enjoys both art and academics, I am enticed by the prospect of being able take classes at RISD. I also desire to be part of Brown and RISD's vibrant community that has a perfect balance of both intellectual and artistic minds.

If the Brown/RISD relationship wasn't enough of a reason to put Brown at the top of my college list, the open curriculum was all the reason I needed. Being able to choose my classes without the pressure of adhering to a core curriculum sounds refreshingly liberating. I believe that Brown's nonrestrictive attitude towards education will foster a safe and stimulating environment for me as I learn from my successes and even my failures. Brown promises an adventure that I am ready and willing to begin.

Why are you drawn to the academic fields you indicated in the Anticipated Degree and Academic Interest questions above.
I am continuously fascinated by how good writing has the power to seize my attention, whisk me into new realities, and make me feel ranges of emotions. I yearn to engross myself in the study of literature so that I myself may learn how to translate my thoughts both effectively and creatively into writing. As an English major at Brown I know I will be given the tools to cultivate my natural love for reading and writing into an indispensable asset.
e_bh 1 / 3  
Everyone talks about the open curriculum, try to push a more unique reason. The RISD bit is quite good.

Home / Undergraduate / (the Rhode Island School of Design) Why Brown + (Writing) Academic interest